Gasthof Sonne
Strandhotel(Weyregg am Attersee)
TripAdvisor
Pension Stallinger(Weyregg am Attersee)
TripAdvisor
Ferienwohnungen Kern(Weyregg am Attersee)
TripAdvisor
Hotel-Restaurant Kaisergasthof(Weyregg am Attersee)
TripAdvisor
Schoeberingerhof Gasthof(Weyregg am Attersee)
TripAdvisor
Ferienwohnungen Brandnerhof(Weyregg am Attersee)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Spotlessly clean hotel, staff always pleasant. With a few minor alterations the bedroom would be close to a 4 star rating. Had a double room looking over the beer garden with partial views of the lake. Breakfast adequate with a nice choice of bread but let down with a lack of fruit juice choice (only ever orange juice on offer). However, evening meal very poor (a low 2 star) although always well cooked. This may be due to being a Travelsphere customer. No choice of starter, always soup. Choice of 2 main meals, vegetables never fresh always frozen, one meal was swimming in weak gravy. Usually looked unappetising. No choice of dessert either but quite a varied selection throughout the week. BBQ poor, 1 sausage, 1 piece of meat, chips, salad and a piece of cake each. 2 of our group went and had an excellent meal at a local restaurant that night, wish I'd thought of doing that! Hotel situated in middle of village, close to the boat landing stage and music pavilion but village has very few amenities. Ladies, if you don't want to show more than you intend, don't try out the rocking chairs on the village green unless you are wearing either trousers or shorts!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SusanLH25
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We travelled with Travelsphere. The hotel was immaculately clean and the staff were very pleasant indeed. Breakfasts were good but just a choice of two meals for evenings. The location is perfect right on the lake but unfortunately we were unable to go on the boat trips because of the recent floods.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Theresa P
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Stayed here as part of a Travelsphere holiday. Good base but very few amenities locally. Very near the lake which will be good for boat trips (they weren't running during our stay as the water levels were too high due to unusually excessive rains). We had a very good size room which was clean and comfortable. Choice of food was limited (two choices for dinner which needed to be decided at breakfast every day) and they do not cater for special diets. Buffet breakfast with good choice of cereals, hams, cheeses and boiled eggs as well as various breads. The dining room is run with usually just one waiter who also works the bar, so getting meals out is done without ceremony and if you haven't finished your previous course then the next will be put in front of you in any case! With around 40 in our party and other guests too the poor lad was rushed off his feet. No safe in room and keys are left behind an unstaffed reception so guests can just help themselves, so presumably can anyone else, so I would not advise leaving any valuables in your room. Wi-Fi did not work and the owner was completely disinterested when I pointed this out on two occasions, he just suggested I use another bar down the road. Not a bad hotel but not one I would use again. Adequate I would say.

Room Tip: Some rooms have views apparently.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Adrian F
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here with my family for a week in June, We were part of a travelsphere coach tour. I shared a room with my sister and we had a twin bed and and also a single in the reasonably sized clean room.
Food was good, buffet breakfast, and a planned evening meal, which you chose at breakfast.
The location was good and you get views of the mountains and lake, the village is mall with not very many amnities but a great base if you are touring.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank sexykitten
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I cannot praise this hotel enough. Myself and 3 friends stayed at the Gasthof Sonne from 20th to 27th June 2012 - we were on a trip with Travelsphere. On first arriving, the first thing you notice are the beautiful flowers on every balcony. The second thing you notice is how clean it is - the rooms are immaculate. We waited with baited breath to see what the food would be like - we needn't have worried - it was absolutely scrumptious!!!!! The location of the hotel was superb - close to the lake and wonderful views of the mountains. The owner, Brigitte was a lovely woman and staff were so helpful. What more can I say - this was perfection! I can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: We had a room at the side of the hotel - although I don't think it matters where you are - there are fantastic views of the mountains from everywhere.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends