other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Cloberell...
South West
“Quaint to the point of inconvenience”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We stayed here for approx. 4 days. I want to emphasise that we love traditional and simple holidays, staying here certainly was, but I thought this place was too basic. It is cheap but I have listed some things below which I think I would have appreciated knowing before arriving.

Positives:
It's location is lovely, right on a cliff overlooking the sea. There is complete peace and quiet, the house is far enough away from the other properties to feel like you're left alone.
When we were there the goat had 3 kids who were super cute!
It is a traditional rural building with one up and one down.
The bathroom was fine.
The owner was welcoming.

Considerations/things to improve on:
It wasn't really indicated what the 'complex' is - it's basically a large house converted into rooms for rental (this house is separate to those), with a patio, garden, gym and jacuzzi for guest use. We didn't use these (they were generally locked when we tried to enter but that could have been because of our timing, perhaps worth noting that the jacuzzi is cold water!).
The bed wasn't made so we had to make it ourselves with some rather cheap basic white sheets, there wasn't a duvet cover and the pillows were really poor quality, I think there were 3 but were all very limp. Making the bed and making it more homely would make a big difference.
The kitchen utensils provided were poor, there also isn't much cupboard space to securely keep food. The utensils provided were dirty and dusty and needed a good clean - again, ensuring this is all kept clean would be helpful for guests. Also, the stove was rather erratic so cooking took a little longer than planned.
Unfortunately this house has a serious mouse problem. We could hear them in the roof all night scrabbling around and banged on the roof whenever they got too loud. It didn't bother us hearing them too much (although I imagine this would put some people off) but we did have to rush downstairs in the middle of the night because we could hear them eating our bread (as mentioned, there isn't space to securely shut food away). Unfortunately I think guests need to know this before they make a booking. We would have mentioned this to the owner but we didn't see him before leaving.

Overall I struggled with this house. It is quaint, rural and basic which are all the things we look for in our holiday but this was too far. I think a lot of simple things could be done to greatly improve a guest's stay here.

Date of stay: May 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view.
Liked least: The mice, the lack of clean kitchen utensils, the lack of nice bedding.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
5 Jun 2015
Thank you for your comment, although it's not all positive regarding to my property, I'm glad that you had also positive experiences during your stay. About the mentioned negative points, they will help me improve some points, and other already have been improved!

I'm sorry that we hadn't had the chance to talk before you leave, but I always like to make the guests comfortable in calling me in cases of problems or even when they just need information, that's why I always give my mobile number when I confirm the bookings.
The public areas like living room, gymnasium and sauna shouldn't ever being closed, but I had been doing some improvements in the property , and the workers might have locked the access to those areas.
The bedroom furniture have been upgraded and bed clothes have been change. Will start to prepare the bed with clothes on in the future.
The kitchen utensils and cupboard available space, are one of my priorities about that apartment.

Regarding to mice and other similar plagues, I do monthly treatments in the surrounding areas and even on the apartament to prevent than to appear, but, unfortunately, and since it is located in a vast rural area, these problems can not be eradicated once and for all.
Once again, thank you for your comments, they will help me improve the quality of the stays of future guests. Hope that we will have the chance to cross our paths again.

Kind regards,
João Bento
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.