Apartamentos Rocamar
US$159
Hotels.com
Cala Blanca by Diamond Resorts(Mogan)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Restaurant
US$251
Radisson Blu
US$99
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Cordial Mogan Playa(Puerto de Mogan)
US$236
US$225
US$144
US$140
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewseuropa centreair conthese apartmentspool barpuerto ricobottle of red winehappy hour all daywashing up liquidon arrivalreclining chairspay deposittaxis are cheapself cateringtv remotetop floorxmas evepool area is small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love rocamar. It was busy with scandanavians in march this time. We usually go in April. Air con is great. Well equipped apartments regularly cleaned. I looked after the black cat who is there. Hope another visitor will look after her she was friendly and was grateful for water in a clean ashtray as well as left over fish. Handy for Europa centre. Love babacoa and picasso restaurants. Lovely boat trip to Mohan with salmon line from the harbour. No doubt we will return. Weather was great too. We had room 208 this time

Room Tip: All rooms nice
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SamEssexEngland
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

There is nothing I don’t like about the Rocamar Apartments except for the fact they’re in Puerto Rico (sorry but not a fan).
When I arrived I was checked in by a maintenance man as reception shuts between 1 & 4pm but no problem as I just wanted to get changed and get by the pool.
The pool isn’t big but there are plenty of beds and a few people were putting towels on beds pre 9am which is fine and I joined in. Because there isn’t much space the beds end up close to each other. Some of the beds have seen better days so it paid to check before selecting one or you’ll find it sags in the middle. I didn’t try the pool but from the reactions of those who did it was cold. And as the pool is right next to a main road you do get some traffic noise.
I only used the pool bar a couple of times - once for a standard toasted sandwich and chips which was ok and a takeaway pizza which was nice.
The apartments are up a steep hill. There are steps you can use to get down to the Commercial Centre but taxis are readily available for the homeward trip and cost no more than €3.
You access the apartments from street level in a lift which takes you to the reception and pool area and then another lift or stairs to the apartments. I had room 108 so on the first floor. I’m not sure I’d have been happy in one on the ground floor as some were right next to the pool and bar.
As others have said the apartments are a good size and come with a washing up pack, complimentary bottle of water and bottle of wine (though bring your own corkscrew if, like me, you can’t use the old traditional one in the apartment), soap/shower gel in the bathroom, toaster, microwave, air con (in the bedroom) and a hairdryer. I’m a regular self caterer in Gran Canaria and usually you’re lucky to get even one of this list.
The air con unit is in the bedroom but as it’s only a part wall that separates the lounge/kitchen and the bedroom the cool air did reach the lounge. I’m not sure if it would in the height of summer.
The wi-fi is free and contrary to other reports I didn’t have any problem with it in my room. Sometimes around the pool it wasn’t the best. And I didn’t have to pay a deposit for the tv remote. English speaking TV channels are limited to CNN and Sky News and a subtitles Arabic film channel which showed American films.
I paid for the room safe €24 but €10 of that is the deposit for the key.
And when I did meet the receptionist Tito he was very pleasant and helpful. A female was on the desk when he wasn’t around, also very pleasant, and everyone speaks English much better than my Spanish.
The shop was open every day I was there from 8am to 5pm but occasionally it would be shut for 15 minutes here and there for breakfast or lunch breaks as it’s manned by one lady. She did spend all her time on her phone but was friendly and happy to serve when I needed her.
As others have said, the beds seem hard but I had no problems sleeping and the shower is better than the one I have at home.
And they don’t suffer from the other Gran Canaria problems - I saw one cat and no cockroaches.
I holidayed alone and felt perfectly safe in these apartments.
Cleaning - my apartments was cleaned all but two days. Towels were changed on each clean and the tea towel changed once.
There was a bit of noise from other apartments - walking around in heels upstairs, wardrobe doors sliding shut and patio doors opening and closing.
And to why I’m not a fan of Puerto Rico. It’s a kiss me quick party town. The bars and restaurants are mainly in the Commercial Centre in the town or the Europa Centre at the top of the hill and in my opinion it’s missing nice bars and restaurants along a promenade where you can sit with a G&T and watch the world go by so sorry but I won’t be returning. Overall though a good week of sun and relaxation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Sheila1964
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had a week in mid-December and have nothing but praise for the furnishing and cleanliness of our apartment. It was more than adequate in terms of size and what was in it. There is a twice daily happy hour, with two drinks for the price of one and the bar staff were friendly and helpful. The location may cause concern to some as it is a steep climb from the centre of Puerto Rico. It was, of course, easier to walk down than back again but a taxi was only about €3, depending on the time of day. We would definitely return to Rocamar. We travelled with Tui, which includes baggage and airport transfers in the overall price.

Stayed: December 2017
5  Thank bamberb2016
Reviewed 25 December 2017

we stayed here in December this year and was surprised at how spacious the apartments were , good living area , ample sized bed room and a decent sized bathroom and shower , plenty of facilities in the apartment tv ( have to pay deposit for remote but this is refunded when you leave 10 euro) microwave toaster coffee machine kettle fridge cooker and everything you could need down to washing up liquid a bottle of water and a bottle of wine on arrival , a location half way up one of the hills made easy access to the commercial centre down the hill or the Europa centre at the top ,

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Just returned from the rocamar having spent a lovley chilled week relaxing. These apartments are kept spotless. There is a small supermarket on site with a small bar and eating area,all were very well priced, never had any trouble getting a sunbed. Would return at the drop of hat . WELL DONE ROCMAR

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple