US$72
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Unique B&B(Vryheid)
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

This place is professionally managed and very neat and clean. The website alludes to there being a buffet style restaurant however this is for b'fast only not dinner. There is a good pub restaurant. Across the road and chain restaurants not far away.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 10 February 2017

I stayed at Oxford Lodge from 22 - 31 January 2017, on a business trip. I was impressed with the all round service at the lodge. The room was clean and the staff were always willing to help. My car was even washed, what more can you ask for!! The breakfast was great and the kitchen staff catered excellent vegetarian food for me. The WIFI service was unavailable, however the manager allowed me to use her office access the internet. I also used the internet at the reception area on few occasions. Although the lodge was busy, the staff still did not neglect their duties. I highly recommend Oxford Lodge, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 41, spacious and right at the corner.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

At first we were quite impressed with the place as service was professional and hospitable. Rooms 14 was smelling nice and is clean. The double bed was sagging on the one side so sleep was not that comfortable. The bath towels are in a bad condition. They are grey as oppose to white, one was dirty but the hand towels were crystal white and clean. The lodge rules states that breakfast is served from Monday's to Friday's from 7-9 but nothing is mentioned of public holidays. We pitched up there at 09:05 and the lady in the kitchen displayed an attitude of severe effort to accommodate us. We were denied to have breakfast. Reception try to remedy the situation but the mood was gone. The stay was overall pleasant. I suggest they use towels of colour as it is difficult to keep white crystal clear. The wimpy diner is just around the corner. Rgds. Francois and Vaughn

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francois S
Reviewed 20 October 2016

My overall experience was not necessarily bad. A few things bothered me though:
1) They advertise that wifi is free. Yet, there is no wifi in the room I had - room 30. Had to go and sit in reception to download emails - not what you expect from a upmarket institution.
Also, they had me sign a formal letter saying I dont smoke and if I smoke, I will be fined R1500; yet, getting to my room, it smelled like a smokers room, even though there is a non-smoking sign on the door.
Breakfast is mediocre at best.
Would not likely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Warm welcome on arrival, great staff, clean rooms, great location. I used to always book the lodge for my clients as a travel agent and they always had great things to say and never wanted to stay anywhere else when they would travel to Vryheid. I finally experienced for myself and must stay it was all I expected and more. They even washed our car for us because it had rained the night before ...... Great staff :)

Andile and Nadia, you guys were great

Sam Mthembu

Room Tip: Rooms further from public areas are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple