Brandemar Hotel & Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

To start with something positive the staff in the restaurant are very nice the hotel is really a motel the rooms are terribly small the TV is almost at the ceiling you can't see it the bed is so small I couldn't sleep we check in at 700 at night the next day I left I couldn't stay the pool was dirty motor wasn't working overall a terrible experience

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ivette12345
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had booked a few nights at this hotel with my fingers crossed. I knew the location was secluded so I was hoping for a nice, relaxing stay. Unfortunately, the hotel options are slim on this side of the island.
The hotel is split between two buildings. One side has some rooms and a restaurant while the other side has some rooms and the pool. Both are separated by a parking lot.
The check-in is at the bar in the restaurant which seemed to be visited mostly by local regulars. The owner's wife at check-in wasn't very friendly or welcoming. She seemed almost bothered. My room was located next to the pool which seemed nice. The room's door didn't fit tightly in the door frame giving the feeling that insects can sneak in the gap. The room was clean but small. The air conditioning unit was literally mounted next to the bed! No ice machine and no room fridge, the TV in the room was tiny and hard to watch. Luckily, the pool was clean and refreshing.
When night arrived, the biggest problems arose. First, the mattress was plastic wrapped so every movement sounded like sleeping a plastic shopping bag. Same for the pillow. Both kept waking me up. The capper was when at two in the morning, salsa music started blaring...till four AM! Turns out the nearby beach spot is a late-night party spot for local youngsters. Now this isn't a problem caused by the hotel but it is a problem for their location.
After one night, I had to find another place. I've only checked out early once before in my life. I really wanted to liked this place but it wasn't comfortable enough for a long stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Pmramirezjr
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I have stayed at Brandemar more than once, The rooms are clean, Air Condition, cable TV and a big pool outside your door. The restaurant has great food Specialty is sea food , live crabs and much more. My family and myself have enjoyed our stay and will come back again,The price of the rooms are reasonable. I have stay June 2012 and Nov.2012 and I be there for xmas.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Vicky M
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The place was dirty the bathroom had spiders lets just say i wont be staying there ever again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ashleyp901
Reviewed 24 June 2010

This motel is a very basic place to spend a night. It is relatively clean and the pool is nice enough. The rooms are very, very basic. Our air conditioner rattled and banged and a dog barked outside our window at night. I can't recommend this place for anything but a place to sleep for maybe one night because you have to be in that particular area.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends