“Seclude and off the beaten path”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Guayama
Brandemar Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Guayama
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Stayed there while building a Sally Beauty in the 90s for 6 weeks. I gave up an expensive resort for it. From the owner to the cleaning staff very friendly. Became good friends with chef Itchy and he became my body guard. You have to be there when they get their lobsters in and ask to help, you won't regret or forget. I introduced Horse radish to add with catsup as a condiment. The food was great, the rooms were clean and the Caribbean is less. than 20 yards away, the owner let me use his fishing pole and TV. Very accommodating. The owner let me use his kitchen to cook some of my famous turkey spaghetti, it wasn't on the menu. I enjoyed the well stocked bar, didn't care for the coconut and scotch, it's got to be a island thing. Any drinks with fruit were all fresh and squeezed right there. Always wised I could make it back. You can find me on face book guys. Thank you for the memories

Stayed: January 2016
2  Thank steveturek

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

Nice staff, affordable prices, clean and comfortable rooms, nice pool to relax. This place was perfect for us, my partner and I were doing some sight seeing around Guayama, Arroyo, etc and needed an affordable place to clean up and sleep, we were very pleased. Take note: this is not a resort, if you want luxuries go someplace else! Let's be fair! We will definitely come back! Make sure you call before if making a late check in.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erik M
Reviewed 22 July 2015

People come see for yourself .Brandemar has been here for 40 years. you can not make everyone happy. there are rules some don't like them ,so they talk about the about the place , owener and anything that make it look bad.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Maria D
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

To start with something positive the staff in the restaurant are very nice the hotel is really a motel the rooms are terribly small the TV is almost at the ceiling you can't see it the bed is so small I couldn't sleep we check in at 700 at night the next day I left I couldn't stay the pool was dirty motor wasn't working overall a terrible experience

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ivette12345
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had booked a few nights at this hotel with my fingers crossed. I knew the location was secluded so I was hoping for a nice, relaxing stay. Unfortunately, the hotel options are slim on this side of the island.
The hotel is split between two buildings. One side has some rooms and a restaurant while the other side has some rooms and the pool. Both are separated by a parking lot.
The check-in is at the bar in the restaurant which seemed to be visited mostly by local regulars. The owner's wife at check-in wasn't very friendly or welcoming. She seemed almost bothered. My room was located next to the pool which seemed nice. The room's door didn't fit tightly in the door frame giving the feeling that insects can sneak in the gap. The room was clean but small. The air conditioning unit was literally mounted next to the bed! No ice machine and no room fridge, the TV in the room was tiny and hard to watch. Luckily, the pool was clean and refreshing.
When night arrived, the biggest problems arose. First, the mattress was plastic wrapped so every movement sounded like sleeping a plastic shopping bag. Same for the pillow. Both kept waking me up. The capper was when at two in the morning, salsa music started blaring...till four AM! Turns out the nearby beach spot is a late-night party spot for local youngsters. Now this isn't a problem caused by the hotel but it is a problem for their location.
After one night, I had to find another place. I've only checked out early once before in my life. I really wanted to liked this place but it wasn't comfortable enough for a long stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Pmramirezjr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guayama
129.5 km away
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 7 in Rincon
16.3 km away
Caribe Playa Beach Hotel
58.7 km away
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort

Been to Brandemar Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!