“best holiday in turkey so far”

Buyuk Anadolu Didim Resort
Ranked #4 of 79 Hotels in Didim
Reviewed 17 July 2017

been to a few places in turkey and must admit this has been our best holiday in turkey so far,i will give an honest review........food okay food is not catered for the brittish but that's the same at any hotel in turkey what I will say that there was something for everybody and plenty of it,have to be honest sometimes it was a little bit cold but I can honestly say lots of diffirent foods for example...chicken..stewed steak...spaggetti bol.....burgers....chips....chicken nuggets...pancakes....ceareals....kebabs plus much more,,now for all inclusive drinks found the Turkish to be pretty rude when standing at the bar as you stand and its like you get ignored and all Turkish just come up and ask for there drinks and its like your invisible but to be honest after a couple of days I soon learned to make myself very visbile lol and told the bar staff what drinks I wanted and actually it became a bit of fun between us all,i think its just the Turkish culture not to stand in an orderly queue,animation team are a nice bunch always coming round for chats and getting you involved with the games which me and my son did playing water polo and beach volley ball great fun and altho me and my family don't talk Turkish made some good frienships with some Turkish there and they were very friendly to my family,chutes at the pool come on twice a day for a couple of hours at a time,pool is nice and big also if you like you can take a swim in the sea as this hotel has its own beach lovely views.....,nothing much round about the hotel but you can get a bus into altinkum for 3 lira number 6 every half hour and lots going on there,also a market about 5 minutes away from the hotel on every day again number 6 will take you there,,,,entertainment at night have some kids dancing from 21;30 until 22;00 then a show for adults and kids,,,,rooms cleaned everyday and a fresh bottle of water put in fridge free everyday which I thought was a nice touch,will deffinetly visit this hotel again....I hope my review helps... jason [herculese] and family from Scotland.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Just got back from a 7 days stay in the hotel with my husband and 3 daughters. the hotel facilites are beautiful and i was very happy with my room and the way the hotel was on the beach. Firstly when we arrived we were told we were the only english in the whole hotel so as you can imagine all entertainment was in mostly turkish so our kids was abit dissapointmented. I thought the opening times for the side was abit pointless and felt they should be open all day. the drinks were good and the staff wasnt shy with the measures. I have read reviews and people have said the staff were rude and didnt smile alot. I did actually find this from the femail members of staff. The food well there wasnt really anyhting english, and i appreciate that im in a turkish country but there really wasnt anything that my kids and husband enjoyed or was willing to try as it wasnt very hot. The queing systme for the food was also bad and as english people know how to que unfortunatlely turkish people done and i did feel got better treated at the bar and food areas.

The pool and beach area was stunning and breathtaking. The area arounf the hotel isnt the best and there wasnt really anywhere to venture out too. The hotel states its in Altinkum, its surely isnt! its 11km and a taxi ride away. The trips being offered by reps in the hotel regal travel are worth it, but a word of advice ask how long they take to get there! We did the Dalyan one (mud baths, turtle beach) and it took over 3 hurs on a un air conditioned clapped out mini bus!!

I dont think i would come to this hotel again, enjoyable stay but nothing really to write home about.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Missharker
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This is a bit of a ronseal resort... you get what it says on the tin....

This resort hotel is mainly visited by Turkish Russian and Ukrainian people... so it caters in the main for the majority, food, entertainment, to channels.... so bear in mind if you want a U.K. Experience abroad!

Most staff speak English to a degree and are really happy to help.

The hotel is well equipped with a spa, indoor and outdoor pool, massage and Turkish bath are extra but good value. In saying that the hotel has seen better days and is need of a lick of paint on the exterior... showing signs of age in palaces.... but ...gardens are really well maintained and furniture throughout is of good standard.

Food is in abundance, mainly continental food, don't expect egg and bacon for breakfast. Be adventurous and eat well, the food is actually very nice.

The bars are open most of the day with no limits, tea and coffee, water, soft drinks are all available by machines at various locations on a self service basis.

There is a snack bar by the pool, mainly chips and burgers and the like all inclusive.

Cake and doughnuts are available at most times and loads of them!

There are plenty of sun beds, beach towels are available from reception, you can sit by the pool or by the sea on a terrace or the beach.

We don't have kids but all the children seemed to love the animation team.

Free internet, a bit intermittent... password is didim ( where you are asked for passport) and 1 where you are asked for room number.

You are about a 10 minute cab ride from the main resort at 10 pounds each way... or 20 minutes in a dolmas, at about 30 p each way. The bell captain will tell you times and which number to get or call a taxi for you.

The bedrooms are clean and comfortable, big flat screen tv, 2 English speaking channels ( news).

Fresh bottles of water are placed in your fridge in the room every day, clean towels and maid service every day.

Good value for money over all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Richandcas
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Defo only a 1 *at best an thats me being kind, food awful,atmosphere awful,beach disgusting full of cigarette stumps an dog muck, birds nests in every balcony and window corners, we left after 5 hrs thats how bad it was dont waste your time i never write reviews but this place was that bad people need to know,to avoid disappointment so be warned,and i love turkey been all over an never once had to leave a hotel

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Having been to 5* resorts in Turkey many times in Didim I was looking forward to a week away with friends. Firstly the transfer (usually 1 hour and a half) took 4 hours. Ok this isn't the hotels fault at all but after arriving at 5.30am the security guard was new and couldn't speak English. To my surprise at 8am after getting an hours sleep the phone rings and I was asked to go and get my band there and then to which I refused! I Said that I would come and get it when I had got some sleep after travelling all night. They then said they would send someone up to give them to us, they didn't... .pointless call!! After going back to sleep at 9am housekeeping tried to come and clean the room which we had only just arrived to, again pointless! That was the 1st of only 3 times we saw them they didn't clean every day. The room was ok very basic and for 2 people sharing only 1 glass and only 2 power points in the room, not great for 2 girlies. There was no plugs in the bathroom at all so you couldn't have a bath and the shower screen was fixed to the side making it dangerous to get in and out of. The day of arriving the soap dispenser broke, ,which they fixed after complaining to our rep, but never filled it with soap. Oh and we had 4 coat hangars in total, again come on we are 2 girlies travelling. We never got anymore. Anyway minor things that wouldn't ruin a holiday. The animation team were great and some of the waiters were friendly but that's where it stopped. The bar staff were rude and spoke broken English and served everyone else other then the English (there were only a few in the hotel itself) and we all had problems with them even though we were all polite and waited our turn. A few times during the week they ran out of drinks, hello all inclusive!!! As for the food, what a joke! The selection was poor and none of us hardly ate all week apart from when we went out into town again what's the point of all inclusive if you have to spend money elsewhere. All in all the few English there had a great time together having a laugh but the hotel itself was the worst I have ever stayed in and I go away twice a year every year!! I have never felt the need to write a review before but this is to warn you to avoid at all costs, spend a little more and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't bother