Hotel Didyma House
US$77
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Mood Beach Hotel(Altinkum)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$19
US$18
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
Tuntas Suites AltInkum(Altinkum)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$56
US$41
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Myself and my partner have just got back from Turkey after a two week holiday from Didyma House.

On arrival the receptionist was friendly "ish" but could only speak a little English which made things hard - however, respecting the fact I was in there country and could only speak three phrases of Turkish myself - I wasnt about to complain - she could explain that she had to keep our passports until our holiday was finished. We thought our passports would be kept in there big safe behind reception - after 11 days we had met a couple of Turkish friends who decided to come to our hotel as a suprise to see us, we then found out that our passports were left on the counter in reception - along with everybody else's! Our friends had asked at reception for our room number - in return they were offered our passports to confirm identity and could of taken them as they had them in there hands!!!!! We were extremely alarmed about this as they could of been anyone who we had told where we were staying. Our friends asked for the passports to be given back to us - which they did.

The hotel is for Turkish people only. The owner does NOT like English at all. Me and my partner were very respectful to the hotel - we were quiet, in every night before 12pm (bar 2 nights) as we are very active in the day. The staff (apart from two bar men) show there disrespect for English on a regular basis along with the regular Turkish guest. I was sunbathing round the pool in a bikini and was sneared at by a group of Turkish men - I obviously did not use the pool again and we spent very little time at the hotel to avoid this treatment. The owner should not allow English guest's if he hates them that much.

The cleaner wouldnt know how to clean a room if she tried. The mop was black and stunk your room out!! I asked for her not to mop our room but they could not understand what I was saying so gave up and put up with the smell as I didnt want to be even more of an outcast!

The plus things are - the bread for breakfast is very nice, the pool is sufficient, the beds are comfortable and its cheap.

The owner would not even ring to find out what time our bus was collecting us at for the airport home. He be-grudgingly agreed and when we returned he had not rang them for us, my partner had to go into the town to the office to find out - in the meantime our bus turned up and the hotel staff watched me struggle with all our luggage - down steps which really hurt me as we had done nothing wrong to them - apart from be quiet and respectful.

I read the reviews before booking and thought "oh I will find out myself" and did not trust other reviews, I really wished I had listen'd to them as I probably would be put off visitng the county again (this was my 5th visit to Turkey). (The beach is awful too - its full of cigarette butts).

27th August - 10th September

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janine H
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We were here for two weeks b&b, we arrived @ 05.00 to find out there was no room for us. We were shipped off to another hotel (Aristo) so not off to a good start. We were told we would stay at Aristo, fair enough lovey hotel & food was nice. Then we were told we would be moving back to Didyma House on the Wednesday. Wednesday came & we were greeted with a room which hadn`t even been cleaned, got another room but I paid for a double but we got a sinlge, great. Then it just went from bad to worse, the owner of this hotel clearly doesn`t like the English, it is very Turkish oriented. He doesn`t speak unless spoken to & is very unhelpful. On our last day we were not due to be picked up until midnight but had to be booked out by midday, fair enough. I asked him for somewhere safe to put our bags until we left, wouldn`t help at all. Luckily Alan from Scotland (nice guy) let us leave our bags in his room til we left. Hotel owner was not happy about this either, on our departure he wouldn`t even say goodbye. Unless your Turkish don`t bother staying here as there are alot of better places to go, I woul never go back here again if it was the last hotel in Turkey, lol.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2011

when we arrived at the hotel it looked ok bit shabby when we got there we were greated by a girl aged 12 who took us up to our room the room was small but we had payed for bed and breakfast didnt expect it to have a kitched we looked into the bathroom and were disgusted to find the shower broken which lead to the bathroom being flooded everytime we had one the toilet seat was also roke which made it hard to sit on

the sink was covered with small black creatures which were impossible to get rid of

the bed was hard and uncomfortable

the floor was dirty the entire room was dirty was awfull

please dont stay here me and my boyfriend were covered in red bites for the whole two weeks we stayed there they were very itchy and red and we think they were caused by the bugs in the room

we love altinkum and it is a beautful place but we have stayed in better accomodation for th same money there is no excise for a dirty room

Room Tip: esra appartment are thebest
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah_beckham1987
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Whilst on holiday in 2006 i was suddenly taken ill during the Turkish night. The Bar area was full and i'd gone to my room! I managed to get back down to my partner told him i felt ill and we returned to our room. He realised i was very ill and went to fetch help. Chicco the manager came in took one look and said i'd had a heart attack!!! He and Idris rushed me and my partner to a local hospital where they translated for us, not realising the severity of my attack. I woke up 2 days later in Kusadassi where Chicco had kept my partner company and helped him with the tranlastion. I returned home 6 wks later unfortunately i was still critically ill and was in heart failure. I would like to thank all staff for their kind and generousness towards us in such a terrible time, What holiday we did have was fabulous and would love return when my health improves. I had a heart transplant in 2008 and this would not have been possible if it wasnt for all their help.
Tina

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kimbo54cumbria
Reviewed 19 November 2009

my wife,daughter,her fiance and myself chose turkey as alast minuet 10 day deal of the tinternet so we were very apprehensive(as it was half board and it only cost us £248 each ) but we couldnt have been any more pleasently suprised the rooms were a little on the small side but all the staff were extremely helpfull and polite
The pool was good(while we were in turkey we were told they were experiencing an unusual "heatwave" it was 101.c)
Infact the pool was to be our location for most of the day,
malik the bar man kept us refreshed with lager and water whilst we just sat in the shallow end,
The breakfast was ok but got repetative after 3 days (3 different courses!!)
Not many bars but a good market on a night time 5 mins walk from hotel
Lots of good restaurants within a 10 min walk BUT BE WARNED!!! The turkish police dont allow the restaurant staff to be pushy or man handle you into going into there restaurant/bar so dont feel oblighed to do so.
If they offer you things for free dont listen 1 will be free but all the rest wont and you will pay in the end any way!!!!!
If you can learn basic turkish"hello" thank you "and goodby" they love this
All in all it was agood holiday.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family