“It has the basics but ...”
Review of Hotel Didyma House

Hotel Didyma House
and 1 more site!
Hotel Didyma House
Ranked #68 of 79 Hotels in Didim
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed here one night during weekend with my family. It has the basics and it was ok: food was ok, rooms clean enough, wifi pool bar etc. ( no minibar ). But while we were sleeping at 2 a.m. people started to make noise in a small room which they call lobby. I had to go and ask them to be quite. One hotel guest and two staff members. Still they continued till 3 a.m.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2012

A typically turkish hotel with clean but basic rooms and a fresh and very tasty turkish breakfast each morning. The pool is large, well maintained and never crowded. We have stayed twice and have booked another week in September - have looked around and can't beat Didyma House for value or convenient position 5 mins from the main beach.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank rachelm15_12
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This hotel was what we expected, they had a really friendly barman who seemed to work every hour god sent (cannot remember his name) and he was so very helpful.
We were in the next room to the cleaner who constantly argued with her Turkish husband which did make us laugh..
The rooms are very small and basic and should be seen as a run down B&B in this country, and please make sure you get down for breakfast as early as possible due to the ants.
The holiday on a whole was fantastic and the location to the beach was second to none 2-3 mins from it.

Room Tip: Choose a room over the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trev T
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The staff were so friendly when we wanted a dish not on the menu they had it delivered. The rooms were basic but comfortable,felt very safe being across from the police station! Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Myself and my partner have just got back from Turkey after a two week holiday from Didyma House.

On arrival the receptionist was friendly "ish" but could only speak a little English which made things hard - however, respecting the fact I was in there country and could only speak three phrases of Turkish myself - I wasnt about to complain - she could explain that she had to keep our passports until our holiday was finished. We thought our passports would be kept in there big safe behind reception - after 11 days we had met a couple of Turkish friends who decided to come to our hotel as a suprise to see us, we then found out that our passports were left on the counter in reception - along with everybody else's! Our friends had asked at reception for our room number - in return they were offered our passports to confirm identity and could of taken them as they had them in there hands!!!!! We were extremely alarmed about this as they could of been anyone who we had told where we were staying. Our friends asked for the passports to be given back to us - which they did.

The hotel is for Turkish people only. The owner does NOT like English at all. Me and my partner were very respectful to the hotel - we were quiet, in every night before 12pm (bar 2 nights) as we are very active in the day. The staff (apart from two bar men) show there disrespect for English on a regular basis along with the regular Turkish guest. I was sunbathing round the pool in a bikini and was sneared at by a group of Turkish men - I obviously did not use the pool again and we spent very little time at the hotel to avoid this treatment. The owner should not allow English guest's if he hates them that much.

The cleaner wouldnt know how to clean a room if she tried. The mop was black and stunk your room out!! I asked for her not to mop our room but they could not understand what I was saying so gave up and put up with the smell as I didnt want to be even more of an outcast!

The plus things are - the bread for breakfast is very nice, the pool is sufficient, the beds are comfortable and its cheap.

The owner would not even ring to find out what time our bus was collecting us at for the airport home. He be-grudgingly agreed and when we returned he had not rang them for us, my partner had to go into the town to the office to find out - in the meantime our bus turned up and the hotel staff watched me struggle with all our luggage - down steps which really hurt me as we had done nothing wrong to them - apart from be quiet and respectful.

I read the reviews before booking and thought "oh I will find out myself" and did not trust other reviews, I really wished I had listen'd to them as I probably would be put off visitng the county again (this was my 5th visit to Turkey). (The beach is awful too - its full of cigarette butts).

27th August - 10th September