You know when you look at a resort's website and think to yourself, "It can't be that fantastic"? Well, I'm happy to report that the website doesn't do Mount Cinnamon's facilities or staff justice.
Happily, I was upgraded to a Hacienda Suite (1B) which was gorgeous. Great kitchen set up (so nice to have a full-size fridge), very comfortable sitting areas - inside and out, supremely comfortable king-sized bed, and roomy bathroom with great towels, which were so thick, soft and thirsty. This room also has a stacked washer / dryer unit (the front desk has packets of detergent available for purchase - a very reasonable $2). All of the resort's common areas were kept spotlessly by seemingly invisible staff. The vibe of this wonderful resort is very laid back and welcoming.
The staff: I like to think of them as the Mount Cinnamon dream team. Where do I begin and how can I offer compliments greater than other reviewers have already written about this wonderful group of people? Judy greeted me upon arrival, with her warm and wonderful smile. After serving me a delicious rum punch, she very professionally checked me in, brought me to the room (again fantastic accommodation) and showed me the room’s features. The next day, I decided to take a walk to the IGA to stock up on snacks, sodas, etc. Long story short, I thought I had lost my credit card and driver’s license somewhere between the market and unpacking my groceries in the room. In a panicked state, I went to the front desk where Amica was at the ready. She and Chris, the taxi driver that brought me and my sacks of groceries back to the resort, were incredibly kind and genuinely concerned. I won’t go into detail, but they saved my sanity and my vacation (and the cards were ultimately found in my room – d’oh!). Everyone I came in to contact with: She-nees, Petri-Anne and Stefan to name a few (should have made notes of everyone’s names) at Savvy were just fantastic. These folks do not operate on “island time,” as they provide quick and efficient service. Each and every member of the dream team went above and beyond to make sure my stay was enjoyable. This is a very special group of people; I really can't write enough positive comments; I could go on and on about this superior group.
Savvy, both down on the gorgeous beach and up at the resort, is a delight. I particularly enjoyed the grilled or blackened catch of the day and Lambie bites. Also, the chef makes a great burger. They really know what they’re doing in terms of serving up delicious food. Everything was so fresh and flavorful.
I would consider it a privilege to return to Mount Cinnamon, and I highly recommend this delightful resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique beach resort and club with just 28 spacious suites & villas all with exceptional sea views. Set in luxuriant tropical gardens, each accommodation has a large sitting room, fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar (with the exception of the Cinnamon Suites), outdoor living areas all with superb views of the beach and Caribbean Sea. The main clubhouse offers a lively bar and restauraunt serving Mediterrean dishes fused with Creole style using fresh local ingredients many grown from the resorts private plantation. Facilities include a chic beach club with scuba-diving, beach and water sports as well as an alfresco massage cabana, swimming pool, tennis, croquet, fully equipped gymnasium and yoga. The resort is privately owned by Peter de Savary and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada St Georges