“Excellent again and again”
Review of The Moorcock Inn

The Moorcock Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Norland
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I felt I'd better review the Moorcock again following my review of opening night 6 or 7 weeks ago and having have maybe 4 visits to the restaurant (and many to the bar) since then.

In that time period I feel the food, which was always magnificently tasty, has been refined and has been different every time.weve been back. Not a criticism as it gives us the chance to try lots of new things although it was great to see the oyster with nettle leaves and pork fat on the menu.

This time out we had a member of our party not into their wines and I was very impressed with the selections that Aimee had acquired for them to try on my tip off as was he.

Value for money was exceptional as usual and the high quality food yet friendly and informal atmosphere is a winning combination. Thanks again guys.

8  Thank MrGreenWifeAndRugs

Reviewed 11 May 2018

We heard it was great so popped in early evening for a glass of wine and sat in the bar. The dishes on the bar food blackboard were quite simply fabulous! So creative and adventurous, locally sourced produce, creative, delicious and exciting. All served on the gorgeous house made crockery, we enjoyed every amazing morsel we ordered. The house made sourdough with sour butter, house thinly sliced cured loin of pork, amazing BBQ leeks...sooooo good. Got straight home and booked a restaurant table. We’ve dined twice at The Black Swan in Oldstead and the Moorcock feels like it may well be on track to be heading along this path!!

9  Thank CupcakeCandyQueen
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We had heard about the moorcock and how the head chef had interesting menus and wasn’t afraid to try new things probably at a huge risk

I have to say straight away, we weren’t disappointed!

We have been to some excellent restaurants and have sampled some incredible food but nothing quite like this. This is a place that follows the trend of foraging, using what’s on the doorstep and pushing boundaries unseen (for me in all Yorkshire)

Each course we fell in love with, the staff were friendly and knowledgeable and they couldn’t do enough for our 3 year old.

Particularly favourites were the charred leek dish, mackerel, and the rowan leaf ice cream. The digestive tea was also a highlight

I simply hope they continue to grow and get better and better

We will return again and again

7  Thank Sharpnats1212
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Well, expected something a bit different, and not disappointed. I can't put it any better than Jay Rayner in the Guardian a few days back - and he gets paid to write about it.
Actual hedgerow plants, cooked to what I guess is perfection - certainly tasted like it.
With a menu as adventurous as this, not everything will be to everyone's tastes, but the care and passion - for the food, and for the drink - shines out a mile and is to be praised. We are spoiled for restaurants around here, but some of it is getting s bit same-y; quite a few are now owned by the same company, and can feel a bit branded. The Moorcock is in no danger of falling into this category. We took two soda bread loaves home - they sell this separately, and it is fantastic.

8  Thank dredd123
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Becoming our new go to place, nothing like it in the area. The staff are lovely and the food is delightfully seasonal

8  Thank Emily S