US$145
Villa Esperia(Mazzaro)
US$109
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Baia Azzurra(Mazzaro)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$127
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$134
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

Panoramic Hotel(Taormina)
US$510
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Travelocity
All reviewssister hotelsant andreabeach staffcable cargrand timeocomplimentary boat tripprivate beachfree shuttlejunior suiteinfinity poolbeautiful hotelbeautiful baythe general managerhousekeeping staffour honeymoonshuttle serviceocean view
Reviewed 18 August 2011

A word of thanks to the reviewers who have slated the service as it has clearly led to some positive changes. The only area still lagging was the lunch salad bar area, which was a little disorganised but everyone else we came across was friendly, helpful and efficient. Special word of thanks to Toto, definitely Sicily's "Senior Waiter of the Year".

Our room was extremely comfortable and the complementary minibus service to the Timeo led to a lifetime moment - enjoying a martini on their panoramic terrace watching Etna smoke.

My only gripe is being charged €7.70 for a plastic bottle of still water by the pool - come on guys - in the formal restaurant maybe (?) but not by the pool!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

When we booked this hotel appeared to be simply marvellous, based on all reviews we had read at that time. But, just as we left for Sicily we read the latest two reviews and those made us slightly worried. Well, those worries vanished completely when we arrived. Wonderful and warm welcome at reception and personal tour of the facilities, including a simply stunning room, made us feel at home after just 15 mins. With smiles on our faces we sat down for a late lunch at the terrace bar and from thereon, a week just went by with us enjoying ourselves completely. This hotel does not have the conservative luxury feel about it if you compare it to the Timeo hotel up in Taormina, but for us, this was fine. The Sant'Andrea has more of a sea side villa style to it. Being located right on the beach was more what we were looking for than a luxury hotel up in the town. But we recommend popping up to the Timeo for a pre-dinner drink at the terrace with views over Etna.

In our opinion, the Sant'Andrea has some fine tuning to do before it can be regarded as a 5 star luxury hotel. For example, if you order a pizza and a sandwich at the terrace restaurant, you can get your food with 15 minutes in between as, according to the explanation given, the two kitchens are completely separate (pizza oven and kitchen apparently) and no communication exists between the pizza oven staff and the kitchen staff... We also thought that paying a EUR cover charge pp when sitting down at the Sant'Andrea's lunch restaurant, being also a hotel guest, was a bit steep.

But to conclude, we would go back to the Sant'Andrea without hesitation and can highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: Best terraces appeared to be furthest from the reception area on the third floor but amazing balconies on fourth floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pettele
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Make sure when booking you request a room in the main building. We had booked a junior suite, upon arrival we were shown to our room in the old building at the back of the hotel. I complained immediately to reception and the useless girl informed me they were fully booked for the entire week. I asked to speak to the manager, who appeared after 20mins.

The manager informed me they could move us on the 3rd day of our stay to the main building, which I said was fine.

We returned from dinner to a room that was hot as the AC had broken down whilst we were out. Could not sleep that night as was too hot, slept for 2 hrs total.

In the morning I complained and as the reception are useless I asked to spk to the general manager who came after an hour. He accompanied me to the room and rudely told me that the temperature in the room was comfortable in his opinion. I reminded him the idea of AC climate control is so people can adjust it to their comfort. Anyway after some argument he put us in a room in the main building... Surprise surprise they were not fully booked.

The new room was great and large (junior suite) with large balcony over the water.

Swimming pool is great. Restaurant is average, beach is ok but difficult to walk on due to large rocks, and one day could not swim due to jelly fish.

Any way to get anything done in this hotel takes a long time as staff are rude and plain stupid. Ask to spk to manager if you have any problems and persist as they lie about being fully booked as I heard from 2otherparties at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Kenno12
Orient-Express_Italy, Direttore generale at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at the Villa Sant’Andrea.
We are really sorry to hear that you suffered some inconveniences during your stay with us. We can guarantee that the aim of the whole staff is to be helpful and to do whatever is possible to make our guests happy, as you can read from the other comments we have received so far. We regret to notice that the words used in the review sound a bit over the line.

The booking was made for a Junior Suite Superior which is a beautiful accommodation with two bathrooms and sea view, located in our annex, a part of the Villa which has been renovated last winter. Once available, we complimentary upgraded the reservation to a Junior Suite Deluxe although the very high occupancy of this period of the season.

We thank you once again for your comment and we can ensure we will do our best to improve our service.

We remain at your complete disposal for any further information.

Giovanni Nastasi

Reviewed 20 July 2011

The Villa Sant'Andrea is a stunning property located directly on the Taormina beach. Having stayed at numerous Orient-Express properties, I expect nothing less than perfection. The grounds, pool, beach, and rooms are lovely. As typical of the OE brand, the infinity pool is an institution. The water is perfectly heated and it offers stunning views of the Mediterranean.

The newly renovated rooms are charming and luxurious. When making a reservation, make sure that you ask for a room up to OE standards- you will be disappointed if you are placed in an un-renovated room.

This hotel was recently taken over by the OE brand and unfortunately it shows. The service is spotty, and the staff has not yet been trained up to my expectations. All meal service is very slow and a lot of mix-ups happen. I'm crossing my fingers that these issues are fixed in the coming months. Even with our disappointment in the service, I will be back next year to enjoy the location and facilities.

Perhaps I’ve become a little spoiled after experiencing the best hotels in the OE brand…

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pink0925
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I've procrastinated and been reluctant to tell all other Trip Advisor travellers, that this is just the most superb, unique, charming, and remarkable hotel I have stayed in all my many years of travelling. I simply did not want this delightful place to be even more popular and be more difficult to book! It justly deserves its Number 1 position, being a magical haven with the most outstanding staff who were always smiling, and made so much effort to ensure our stay there was as perfect as you always wanted a holiday to be.
From the enthusiastic welcome, after 11 p.m., by Angela and the receptionists, to maids, waiters and the pianist - they were absolutely charming. Every dinner was heavenly, with outstanding dishes, stunning desserts and wonderful Sicilian wines - superior to some two Michelin starred restaurants in London I have visited in the past year! Breakfasts and al fresco lunches on the terrace were just glorious: relaxing in beautiful gardens overlooking the little bay, eating superb food. This is the only hotel I have ever wanted to revisit - I just didn't want to leave - it is exceptional!
The concierge organized two tours in chauffeur driven cars which were brilliant - the first to Syracuse, where we saw the fish market, at the end of which was an amazing cheese shop. The driver knew the family and as a result we were given wonderful bruschetta, warm thrice baked ricotta, olives from their own trees and much more. The driver showed us the major historical features of the town as well as this wonderful cheese shop! The drive to Etna was also fascinating and both trips are unforgettable due to the two drivers and their knowledge of their island.

Room Tip: Suite 350 had two terraces and stunning views.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends