See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2016

The old Margarethenhof is beeing renovated into a very modern hidaway in old bavarian style "Landgut". Kitchen is excellent, golfing a challange, staff very friendly and helpful. The warm heated outdoor pool really good for swimming

Room Tip: Junior Suite Standard are mostly old style in first floor, others are level with veranda
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2014

Planned as a short break to get away & relax a little.
We arrived on a Sunday afternoon & at this time of year it was clear to see that it's already off-season. Nevertheless, we were greeted in a pleasant & professional manner & personally shown to our rooms.

A Junior suite, incredibly spacious (photos to follow) & in a modern style.
A long room is probably a good description, with multiple doors leading outdoors where the heated outdoor pool is to be found.
Plenty of wardrobe space & plenty of hangers. The bed was also very comfortable. Modern flatscreen TV on a turntable allowing viewing from couch or bed. If I remember correctly not a lot of english channels available if at all, but we weren't there to watch tv.

Breakfast was perfectly ok, everything you would want or rather "need". I say need purposely as no-one needs a full english b/fast. Fresh juices, fresh fruit, Muesli, corn flakes & rolls in all forms & sizes.

The Dining room itself is not large, although off season with few guests, space was a problem here & mgmt shld potentially consider a re-design of very large table into smaller tables in order to sit more folk.

We ate in the restaurant on our first evening & I can only recommend in the best possible terms, the service was correct, attentive & friendly. The food was excellent ..... I can still taste my "saibling" today, it was really really excellent as was my wife's "kalbs tafelspitz" & my son's "schweins backerl".

Last but not least, a round of golf on a course which had been under snow 3 days earlier did nothing to alter our impression of this hotel & it's staff. The course was in excellent condition including greens which were firm and still relatively fast. The nicest bit being we had the course to ourselves due to the time of year, I believe a lot of Germans are fair weather golferrs only ;-) which suits me fine :-)

All in all, a great short break and would love to come back again in the spring or summer.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Rating applies only to the restaurant of the hotel which we visited on 31 Aug 2014. Very appealing Bavarian décor. Top service, wide variety of very tasty dishes. Fine selection of wines and beers. We had dinner for four which included wild mushroom soup, lake char (Seesaibling), pike filet (Zanderfilet), and roast beef (Rinderschulter) all with some steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. Complemented by various beverages including excellent Austrian Zweigelt wine, Weissbier (wheat beer) on tap, and Espresso to go with the small complimentary chocolate dessert. It was truly an excellent meal and one of the best we had during our 15 day stay in Bavaria. We paid Euro 112.00 (USD 149.00) with tip. It was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Only used the restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

No pictures on the walls in the corridors, almost no decor in the rooms

Some of the rooms are looking a bit tired. Bathrooms well equipped.

Restaurant is better than the hotel

Poor WiFi coverage, TV's are old tube sets

Not a place to visit to impress your girl friend

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The room I stayed in was huge (2 floors) and had everything you need for a business trip. Food was great and service was very courteous. The only negative point I can remember is that there is a construction site of a second hotel nearby and the workers started working at 7 a.m.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business