“Sunday Lunch ”

Price range: US$14 - US$42
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

A relaxed atmosphere greeted us and laid back service ensued.
French onion soup was good of a little under seasoned , complimented by the garlic bread it was warming and satisfying
My main the steak frites was good but could have been warmer but on a table of 8 it was maybe understandable
One irritant was that asked for a fried egg with my steak to be told he would ask chef
Later admitted he didn’t bother asking chef !!!
Waitresses were lovely especially one young lady who recommended some lovely desserts
Would go back ... for my fried egg

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Shame they don’t have Coke Zero or other choices However, a lovely Sunday lunch for diabetics. A steak cooked to perfection and present with the right cutlery. It was very busy and a popular establishment never the less the service was attentive even if you had to catch their attention. Thanks to my friends for a lovely meal and the spinach side order is very tasty.

I am not sure I approve of the 12% service charge already added in the bill policy. I am always suspicious if the servers actually benefit from the tip.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

As always the food here is of the highest quality and prepared deliciously, a really lovely place to dine. We were there Sunday lunchtime, and the staff seemed terribly busy, so perhaps they need an extra body. I only say this as when our order was taken, our waiter took off before we could order the sides. This is highly unusual but I did find it not in keeping with Provender’s usual high standards.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We had yet again an excellent 3-course dinner for four with a bottle of wine for just under a hundred quid. The set price menu cannot be beaten either on value, or quality.

Service was as usual attentive and friendly. Our starters - goat cheese salads, prawns and rillettes - were tasty and quite generously served.
The mains - steak béarnaise, mussels and confit- were perfectly cooked. The mussels were especially delicious, the sauce blending butter and white wine beautifully.

We visit Provender regularly and are always delighted by the high quality of the meal, the excellent service and the overall great value.

Faultless consistency in quality and service ought to be praised!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Fantactic food, excellent service. Especially Christopher - very attentive and understanding. My Polish friends were seduced by him. We had wonderful evening. Rabit - delicious. #LocalGuides #Wanstead #Redbridge #restaurants #rabit