“Food good, service lacking”

Dining at Cairnbaan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cairnbaan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I'll keep it simple, the food was good, the Sticky Toffee Pudding was excellent, the food service with our meal not so, the barmaid with our drinks to begin before our meal was very nice, however the tapped beer was off in one case (The Stella Artois I believe).
The pub is nice and a good stop on the canal, service just needs a looking at.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The bar man said what our bill was tonight. We asked to see an itemised bill as it sounded a lot. We had been overcharged by £30. He blamed the till!!!!!!! Was it because we come from south of the border?!
Beware future eaters!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I travel to this part of the country every year and usually eat here at least 3times. This year we were told it would be a 10/15 minute wait before we would be able to order, which was fine. 2 people who came in after us had their order taken after we had been waiting for just over 10 minutes . I asked a waitress about this and was told the manager had made a rule that residents coming into the bar or restaurant had to be served before people who had just come to eat. So in theory if all the residents had decided to eat after we entered the bar we could have been sitting all night. The staff were very stressed by this ruling as I was not the first to complain. the Manager was not available. We left and drove 5 minutes to the Kilmartin hotel where we had very good food served by lovely staff. Needless to say we will not be back at the Cairnbaan.

1  Thank Kaystenhousemuir
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We attended a Natural Environment presentation last week and as a last minute option, I asked, at 7.10pm if it were possible to order food and be served and out by 8pm. The Hotel was packed with people who had reserved tables, people from the presentation and a large group of overseas sailors who were moored opposite. I was not hopeful at all especially as I have not booked - but to my surprise, the staff said if I were able to order within 5 minutes they could accommodate me!! We sat with another couple who had already ordered but our food came first - the staff had taken my time requirements on board and prioritized our meal. I had the lightly smoked haddock on a bed of cheesy mash and hubby had haddock & Chips. My meal was absolutely divine and hubby was very pleased with his. The meal was provided with such great speed, that we had finished well within our time frame. Cairnbaan Hotel staff - YOU ROCK - many many thanks!!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Had fish and chips. Came with salad and the fish tasted fresh. Service was efficient and friendly. A good range of options for dinner.