Eden Resort
US$93
US$91
US$127
US$120
Famiana Resort & Spa(Cua Lap)
US$91
US$37
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsgarden bungalownight marketoutdoor bathroomfour starbeach barfree airport transferprivate beachinternational airportnice beachfresh seafoodphu quoc islandevery eveningresortvietnamhoneymoonrelaxationmotorbike
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough to get an upgrade, so spent our holiday in a Bungallow, which is absolutely amazing. Very spacious with open air bathroom, could not imagine better! My only disappointment was that at night I wanted to exchange currency and service was not available. These kind of tiny things will make difference between great and exceptional service. Besides that experience, staff was really nice.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Hotel resort showing age, rooms are spacious but the ocean view super deluxe don't have balcony but the deluxe do !! Aircon poor and the hot water runs out by 6pm so tepid showers.
Don't eat in the restaurant at night, service appalling and food poor.
Pretty good location, nice beach, although the sea has something that stings or nips, not sure what it is, it doesn't leave marks but is a bit unpleasant,
The pool is large and nice.
Staff friendly.
This isn't meant to be a complete slaying of the hotel as, on balance, we enjoyed our stay , you should just be aware ....
It is probably good value for money, it is out of the noise and bustle of the town but an easy and cheap taxi run.
Night market is fun with brilliant local 'street' seafood.

Room Tip: beach bungalows the best, super deluxe rooms uninspiring,, boring newish block, didn't see inside the deluxe but looked better
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Overall a good experience, imagine a hotel that was amazing 4* hotel maybe 5-10 years ago that's now being maintained on the cheap.

Good
Friendly staff
Nice big pool (other resorts seem to have smaller ones)
Rooms are pretty spacious we got upgraded to a garden view bungalow
Good selection at breakfast
Close to airport
Free airport transfers
Cheap island trip
Taxis available outside
Just about Enough sunbeds
Beach front and pool

Bad
Mostly small things but they do add up:

Sheets not fitted/too small (come off the bed as soon as you roll over)
Pool not cleaned well
Staff just lazy really
Currently they are building a hotel nextdoor though luckily isn't very loud (clearly can't be helped)
Bit far from the local restaurants and taxis are expensive compared mainland! Roughly 78VND to go 3km!
If the airport gets any busier it will be loud- it's close to the airport so currently there are probably only about 10 flights per day landing but anymore and it would probably be too loud
Seawater is kind of brown I think due to being next to the river mouth (though seems brown all along the coast) so didn't want to chance it after seeing what the Vietnamese throw in the river!

In detail:

Staff

Some staff not really attentive - asked the pool guys standing around to clean some of the scum from the pool after 30 seconds of blank faces they went over picked out one leaf and sat back down on his phone.

Asked bar staff for a menu at the poolside and was told to go get one myself from the restaurant!!! Then 5 mins later they got one for another guest and brought us one!

Overall I think they are just lazy!!

Pool

Good size pool with some Palm trees that shade part in the morning which is nice.

Definitely not a infinity pool as described above. I'd call it a pool with an overflow!

Pool cleaning- Seems like they only clean the pool every other day so you end up with a film on top of sunscreen and tree bits which is a bit gross. Doesn't seem like there is any sort of constant filtration system at all or that works anyway!

Rooms

Nice big bungalow with nice bathroom, though bathroom was not air-conditioned.

Shower was really nice good and powerful

Sheets - most annoying thing is the sheets were not fitted and too small for the bed which meant after 5 mins the sheets came off and you were sleeping on the bare mattress.SO ANNOYING!

TV- great selection of channels but for some strange reason they have brand new amazing flat screen TVs with an analogue grainy (at best) signal! Not sure if this is just what's available in pho quoc but kind of annoying watching grainy pictures of cool things on national geographic!

Furniture - overall good small things like they used cut up sponges stuck to the legs of the furniture to stop it scratching the floor. 10 points for inginuity but you can clearly see the sponges! Did make me laugh!

Air-conditioning- good overall but aging machine as above maybe 10 years old yellowed and probably needs to be re-gassed but did the job.

Noise- understand the other reviews sometimes you can hear the people above if they are loud.

Overall a nice hotel and a good stay, overpriced compared to other hotels in the area and in desperate need of updating and maintaining, it's probably more like a 3* hotel nowadays.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My friend & I had a wonderful experience at the Eden. The staff were amazing very helpful & accomodating. We also loved meeting lots of other guests at the beach bar. Our two standout staff members were Lân & Tre, gave us quality service 10 out of 10. The pool was awesome & the food to die for❤️❤️Thankyou to the Eden

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights the Room was pretty good we had the deluxe ocean view room. Everything was pretty clean and tidy and it was a very spacious room. Only negative thing I would say would be the loud viets sometimes in the hallway there isn't much noise proofing. I'm Viet myself haha being loud can't be helped.

The staff were okay, I needed to borrow towels for a trip out, and going back to our room would be too far and our tour guide was waiting. The reception was a bit busy so they told me to go down to the pool and get it from there so trekked all the way there to be told by pool staff I have to ask reception to get it for me. After running back and forth I didn't end up with any towels so I left pretty unimpressed to me tour.

2nd incident: we wanted to head to vinpearl safari which is a zoo. There was a bus every half an hour. So we went down at 915am to get the 930. Told the staff which they say they will make sure it will stop for us. Which it didn't. So we had to wait for another half an hour and there were rude taxi drivers outside hassling us to go with them which the security guard did nothing about. In the end we waved down our bus which we had to chase after.

3rd incident: rude taxi drivers from the above who just camp outside everyday, a whole line of them refused to take us to chuon chuon cafe, seems like there is a leader guy who the day before pressured us to go vinpearl with them and accused us of being cheap. So we walked across the road to another taxi. This type of behaviour should really be looked into by the hotel as it sets a bad image for them. If they want their patrons to return in the future they need to get ride of those herd of taxis.

Overall, apart from the above incidents phu quoc was pleasant to stay in.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple