/this is the second time we have stayed at Thien Hai Son, we had nine days two years ago in a beach bungalow and eleven days this time in a quiet garden bungalow. The location is perfect, very easy for eating at night in the large variety of small restaurants on the road outside the resort, easy reach to the town and other resorts if you want a more luxurious meal or coffee. The room was as last time clean and well looked after, each day a lovely basket of fresh fruit and we saw no creatures as mentioned in other reports except the odd gekko, these do keep the mosquito population at bay and are a natural part of a tropical climate. The breakfast was very varied with both Vietnamese and Western choices but always plentiful except on the weekend if you were a little late. The beach is very clean and trouble free with always a smile from the attendant who gave us our towels or fixed up the lounging chairs. The beach bar staff were very helpful and always brought us our coffee, tea or mango shakes to our table on the beach and we were never bothered by anyone on the beach. We did use the pool once when the sea became a little wild. We had a totally relaxing time there and would definitely return to this rest. We did look at some ot the other resorts but considered this one the best value for money $77 for two with breakfast. Many others were more than double that and even the cheapest we looked at were around $55-$60 and were quite dingy looking. The gardens and grounds around Thien Hai Son were well maintained with people constantly cleaning away the leaves, brushing the grass and pruning trees. Our towels in our rooms were changed three times a day and we had no complaints about our transportation to the hotel there were there to meet us and take us back on all occasions.
We could not complain about anything and would reocommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thien Hai Son resort comprises 100 rooms: 43 hotel-rooms, 32 garden view bungalow rooms, 06 Seaside-bungalow rooms, 02 VIP-Bungalows 15 garden view-hotel room and 02 VIP rooms. All room have their own private balcony with all amenities and comfors of a 3-star resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Thien Hai Son Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thien Hai Son Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Thien Hai Son Resort Phu Quoc Island/Duong Dong