Richis Beach Resort
Hotels.com
US$67
US$53
US$50
All reviewsswim up barwarm morningnight marketcustomer experiencephu quocpool areainterconnecting roomsother hotelslarge walk in showermanicured gardensbeds were very comfortablefour star hotellovely flowersstayed for weeksbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelstaff training
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful grounds and lovely room. We were upgraded to a bungalow and it was so spacious. (See pics). Breakfast was good, lots of variety and the staff very attentive. Juices were a bit watered down but everything else was top notch! Front desk staff, speak English very well and were always helpful with recommendations and getting a cab for us and translating where we wanted to go to the driver. Pool was great, only thing I would say is they need new beach towels some looking tattered and tired. The drinks at the swim up bar were delicious and reasonable for a resort setting. Beach was clean outside the hotel but water at times looked murky. I opted not to swim in the ocean and stuck to pool. The sunsets though were amazing and the lounge chairs the hotel have set up are perfect for watching this. A great end to our Vietnam vacation!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank DanDiane01
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We staid at Richis resort for ten nights ( a family of three). The resort looks great and the garden is one of the lushest I've ever seen. How ever, there are some things that should be fixed for the hotel to be 4-5 star hotel.
When we arrived, we asked to get a quiet room as we could immediately see that the street was very noisy and the sound could come into the rooms. Still we got a room in the building number 1, where it was very noisy - you could hear every car and motorbike into the room. So on the second day we asked for a room change and received a room in the building number 3. This did not turn out well either, because now there was a karaoke bar just beside the building... After two poorly slept nights we complained again and got a room in building number two, which was then just perfect. The room was nice, bed comfortable and the view from the balcony stunning.
The breakfast was nice, lot's of variation. The beach wasn't as good as in Ong Lang where we staid before. It was quite steep, not good for walking and the water was not clear... I was also disappointed to realise that there were only a resort after a resort on the Duong Dong beach - no nice beach restaurants at all, only resort restaurants.
The pool area at Richis was quite small and there was a bad smell every day, sometimes stronger and sometimes lighter. But it was there. Even though the hotel is relatively new, you could see that it already needed some fixing and renovation, the pool area as well.
The staff were helpful and attentive, all credits for them for good service. But all in all I was a bit disappointed in this hotel, I expected it to be more well kept.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

OK - this hotel has some good points. The bedrooms are spacious and nicely appointed, the beds are super comfortable and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. The lady on reception speaks the best English I have heard in Vietnam and is so polite. The pool area is big and very comfortable to spend time around and we did not encounter the early morning towel problems that have been written about in previous reviews.

So why only a 3* review and not 5*? The short answer is attention to detail on basic things that management should have spotted and made sure were sorted - it should not be the job of guests to point these things out to management:

1. We have been here a week now and the stairs and corridors in the block we are staying in have never been swept since we arrived. I walk over the same bit of plastic rubbish I did on day 1 every day!

2.The gardens are becoming overgrown, grass is a foot long in some places, hedges need to be clipped and paths need weeding. I can only presume the gardener who was highly praised in earlier reviews is no longer here and has not been replaced.

3. Bathroom towels are fraying at the edges - they are old and need replacing.

4. Breakfast runs till 10am yet if you arrive at 9.30 half the food has run out and doesn’t get replenished. If breakfast runs till 10am, run it till 10am!

5. The hotel provide free bikes for guest use - a great idea but so many are out of service it is really hard to get one - fix the broken ones!

So in all the hotel is good but not great yet it could so easily be great if management could only see what I can see.

I am not super picky or hard to please, just manage the staff to do the jobs you pay them to do and these things will all get sorted.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights with my partner. Really enjoyed our stay- the room was lovely, facilities ok. Room cleaners were superb. In room amenities such as shower gel, shampoo, water, creams etc all great. We both really enjoyed the hotel grounds and gardens- saw lots of lizards and frogs.

Hotel location is just outside of Phu Quoc town centre- approx 20 min walk. There are a few shops and restaurants near by as it’s just off the main road into town.

Hotel food is disappointing. Dinner at the hotel is stupidly expensive and not a great deal of options. But breakfast was the best I have had in all of the 3 weeks I have had in Vietnam.

Laundry at the hotel? Just forget it. You are expected to pay 3 x the usual rate at other hotels / high street.

Pool bar drinks? The pool bar is nice... but crazy expensive for Vietnam. Just pop out to the shop 5 min down the road and pay a third of the prices for the same thing... be warned if you do use the hotel pool bar there is 10% Vat and 5% service charge to be added onto each price.

Beach? The beach is nice.. however I am concerned by the waste water management of the hotel. Look at my photos- I have the distinct impression the hotel dumps waste into the ocean at night. The ‘wooden covered outlet’ just to the side of where the sunbathers swim is disgusting- I would expect a hotel such as this to have a environmental program in place to minimise its impact on the environment... with the prices it charges this beach are should be spotless daily & rubbish / waste disposed of properly & recycled!!!

Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating- however on a couple of occasions service was let down ie the time we were due to leave our room the porter was supposed to arrive and take our bags. This never happened so we moved our bags ourselves (no big deal but it’s part of the service we paid for).

Airport transfers were good, free and efficient as hotel is 10 min drive from the airport.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Resort was even better than we expected. Beautiful lush gardens, very large and extremely clean pool, beautiful peaceful beach. Real feeling of serenity. Great breakfast buffet with plenty of variety. Easy walk into town and night market. Lots of good eating places nearby from simple restaurants (try Thu Phuong) to upmarket like Pepper Tree or Spice House. Staff were always friendly and helpful, both for in house information and booking tours. Excellent wifi most of the time. Not all staff have perfect English, but it’s a lot better than my Vietnamese!
Would certainly return.