I’ve been to various all-inclusives in the past and researched visiting a more upscale all-inclusive option this time around. Cocobay Resort was featured by Travel + Leisure as an affordable, upscale option so I decided to book.
- Extremely friendly and accommodating staff
- Beautifully maintained grounds
- Upgraded rooms: Beautiful views from deluxe pool villas. Stayed here and it was amazing to have our own plunge pool, deck and hammock. Essentially it was also like having an outdoor shower since there were doors you could open right next to the inside shower.
- Stiff drinks with premium liquor selection
- Access to two different beaches
- Access to two different pools
- Available (for a fee) shuttle to Shirley Heights
- Low-key vibe to decompress and go back home feeling refreshed and relaxed
- On-site spa with THE BEST masseuses (tip: get the signature massage)
- Food: As this was more of an upscale resort I anticipated the food being a bit better than it was. Breakfast buffet was a bit skimpy (only had potatoes one of the days) and a lunch buffet as well—would’ve liked the option for a menu similar to dinner for lunch instead of the buffet. Dinner was by far the best of the three with more creative options each night and presentation on point.
That’s really the only con I have, but since food is a huge component at an all-inclusive is why it’s a 4 instead of a 5.
Also, a tip for the ladies: if you’d like to use a hair dryer bring your own. The one in the room gets overheated quickly and you must let it cool down before continuing use. I wasn’t sure about outlets either but they’re same as in the U.S. so we didn’t need to bring an adapter which was awesome!
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our trip here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua's most romantic all-inclusive resort - Cocobay is a colorful collection of pastel cottages crowning a breezy hillside undulating down to two white-sand beaches and miles of turquoise Caribbean Sea. Blessed with some of the most dramatic ocean views on the island, we cater to couples seeking a romantic getaway in a quaint, natural setting. Guests can choose from 57 private, authentic, Caribbean cottages and 4 plantation houses each enjoying a private verandah with striking sea views and custom designed wooden furniture. The premium pool cottages provide the very best oceanfront locations, and other amenities such as: private plunge pool, more spacious interior including extra seating area, air conditioning, bathrobes and other extra bathroom amenities, private balcony with adirondack chairs and hammock, ceiling fan, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, espresso coffee machine, iron & ironing board, king size bed with pillowtop mattresses and high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets, in-room safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cocobay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocobay Hotel Bolans
- Coco Bay Antigua
- Cocobay Antigua
- Cocobay Hotel Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua/Bolans