“Easter sunday ”

Miller and Carter Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Lowton
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Average meal .ok service dishes smelled of damp not nice .Nice choice of cocktails. Not worth the expense

2  Thank motorbikes
General Manager A, Manager at Miller and Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Sorry to hear that your visit to us wasn't a great one. I'll look into the issue of the smelling dishes, as this is certainly not something we want in the restaurant.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with three of our grandchildren (8-12), whilst staying at the Travelodge next door, we had been a few days before and found the restaurant very busy so we had booked. Our waitress Karen was great, really interacted with the kids. Eldest grandson chose a steak, I think his first and could not stop saying how good it was. I had a burger which was, I think the best I have had in a restaurant only surpassed by the wife’s homemade burgers, we all thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the kids were made up when they were taken to the bar and allowed to ring the bell. Will definitely come back when passing through again.

1  Thank 973SimonR973

Great to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us Simon. I'll pass on your kind comments to Karen, who will be thrilled. We'll look forward to seeing you again next time you are on your travels.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Really poor service and bad quality food.

Waited 20 mins for drinks, I could see them sat on the bar and the lady just kept topping them up when the beers where going flat. Eventually came to us before I was going to get them myself.

The starter came advertised with balsamic vinegar - we had to ask 3 waitresses who gave us malt vinegar. 30 mins later a small pot of balsamic cake.

The calamari was dripping in grease.

Steak was so cold the butter wouldn’t melt.
The sauce was cold
The pieces of bacon on the side salad was raw I sent them back for the crispy bacon as advertised came back and told me we don’t have crispy bacon it’s pre cooked in the factory and we just get it out the bag - LOVELY!?!
The chips were cold.
The tempura prawns and lobster were so deep Fried it was just horrible.

I sent the whole meal back and asked for the bill.

I will not be returning - VERY DISAPPOINTED !!!

1  Thank katherine g

My apologies again Katherine. As per your Facebook review I am sorry that I didn't manage to make it to your table to deal with your issues before your left. When any of our guests have issues with their food, we will of course not ask them to pay for it. I will speak with your waitress Susan to find the root cause of your issue and make sure that the team learn from this.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I've eaten here with friends when the steakhouse first opened and put the problems they had down to teething issues. On that visit Management were very apologetic and compensated us satisfactorily.
This time unfortunately whilst on a visit with my husband it was pretty much more of the same. I ordered scallops for starter with parmentier potatoes- cold. My husband had prawns-cold.
Then my steak arrived with a sauce in a side server. Guess what-cold. I had it explained to me that because I asked for it medium rare it wouldn't be in the pan for long which was why it wasn't hot!!!! I understand meat is best served after resting but I've eaten enough steak in my lifetime to know what is an acceptable serving temperature. My steak was returned to the kitchen for it to be brought back after being stuck back in the pan to warm up but the sauce was still cold.
A manager came over after knowing we weren't happy and explained that he'd return to discuss the problem when we'd finished eating. Needless to say we never saw him again and needless to say I won't be returning again.

2  Thank Lorna s
General Manager A, Manager at Miller and Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

I'm sorry to hear that your visit to us was a poor one Lorna, and that your food was all presented to you cold. Although we do rest our steaks after cooking them on the chargrill, they certainly shouldn't be served to you cold, and if a steak is returned, it is our usual practice to replate them for the guest with fresh sauces, fries etc so again these should not have been cold. I'm really sorry that whoever was dealing with your issues did not follow up and return to your table when you had finished eating as although we do sometimes make mistakes, I would like to think that we will always do everything we can to try and sort them out for you.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here before and enjoyed our last visit. We ordered similar I had a steak and partner had a burger.
Unfortunately my steak I was disappointed with which I explained to our server why it was uneaten when collecting our plates, however the rest was delicious I especially loved the dripping sauce over my chips and lettuce wedge. But would have loved to enjoy it all.. however our server returned with the bill minus mine which I thought was very gracious and definitely not put me off returning. As he explained it happens from time to time the steaks arnt as lean or more fatty than expected. Excellent customer service and thats how it should be...thankyou Miller and carter

1  Thank lobbygobbler73

Thank you for being so understanding. We do occasionally get cuts that are not up to our standard, and with some of them it is unfortunately not apparent until we have actually put the steaks in front of our guests and they have actually cut into them. I'm glad we were able to sort it out for you, and we look forward to seeing you again soon, where hopefully the whole experience will be a good one.