“Fresh seafood, reasonable prices, nice view”
Review of Diktina Taverna

Diktina Taverna
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Kolymbari
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Excellent seafood, always fresh and well prepared (I have been enjoying their food more than 10 years). The service is friendly and fast. There is a wonderful balcony where you can enjoy your meal (port view). Last time I was not excited about their fish but the mussels shrimps and octopus were excellent like always!

2  Thank George N

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My partner suggested this little restaurant would be worth a visit and as I have begrudgingly learned she is always right agreed to try it out.

Diktina is unlike any other restaurant I have eaten in before. The view, just past sunset looking out over the crystal-like sea set the tone for our dining experience. We were welcomed like old friends and thoroughly looked after by the staff. Julie's warmth and humour was especially appreciated as she guided us through the menu (which is thoughtfully written in 6 languages). Such is the wonderful atmosphere generated by the staff that conversation between strangers on neighbouring tables is common and adds a delightful and unexpected addition to a wonderful all round dining experience.

In typical male fashion I decided that as we had visited a restaurant specialising in beautifully fresh fish I would like a burger, the stunning woman opposite me, who completely eclipsed the beauty of the view, ordered calamari. Both dishes arrived promptly, the burger was filled with a soft light cheese that skilfully complimented the delicate taste of the meat and was served with fries, cooked perfectly. The calamari, I am told, was also delicious and in case you have forgotten, she is always right.

The service from Julie continued to be excellent throughout and I was impressed at the attentiveness, efficiency and friendliness constantly on display. If my own mother was as attentive as this she would probably received a better gift upon my arrival home than some airport Toblerone.

After the meal we were treated to some "raki" a potent Cretan spirit and rakomelo which is the same but with the addition of honey. Both were a delightful way to end the meal and a wonderful dining experience. Thank you julie and Diktina for a wonderful evening, we will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Fresh fish of the day which is cooked in a delicious way. Very friendly waitress who takes her time to explain you about the food habits and lets you taste some great cheese (without extra cost).

1  Thank Santal86
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

If you visit Kolymbari you would feel right at home at this bar! They provide local Chania beer which is perfect for the combination of the lovely sun and the gentle breeze. Highly recommended .

1  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here for a Sunday evening dinner. There is a really nice view over the harbour. We had an Aubergine dish and Garlic Bread as starters. A lovely Sea Bream and fried prawns for mains. Service from the American waitress was great as others have said.

1  Thank Cllr_John_Philip