“Excellent menu ideas but needs a lighter touch.”
Review of Orone

Orone
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Orone is one of a number of restaurants along the sea front at Playa de Santiago.
It is run by a German Swiss couple who are quite friendly and helpful. It is one of the more expensive restaurants in this village and prides itself on a more upmarket menu. We eat on the terrace with nice views of the sea.
We started with Roasted vegetables (very tasty and lots of them) and a Goats cheese salad. The latter had a very large portion of cheese (too much really) with sliced apple in a honey sauce – a very good combination. My wife had fish of the day, which was well cooked although enormous, with Canarian potatoes (mini baked potatoes coated in salt – absolutely delicious). As an aspiring vegetarian, I was delighted to see a more ambitious main course of ravioli parcels with mushrooms and chopped nut centres surrounded by a rich mushroom sauce. No pasta was involved as the ravioli parcels were made out of courgette strips. This was very imaginative and tasty although slightly spoilt by the sauce being very salty (for my taste anyway as we add very little salt to our food generally). We hadn’t pre-warned the restaurant and they were not able to provide a fresh fruit salad for my wife for dessert (she can’t tolerate sugar) so it was down to me to have a Crème caramel (Crema Catalana) which I enjoyed. Service was friendly and prompt but then there were only 3 tables occupied. The bill with a mini bottle of Cava, a glass of white wine and a bottle of mineral water came to €64.90 without tip. This was easily the most expensive meal we had in Playa Santiago and the second best experience (not on a par with Junonia) but well worth the visit.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Oliver M

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent well presented food. Tuna steak one of the thickest I’ve ever had and taste gorgeous. Service very attentive; excellent! Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This is a great restaurant with superb food. We sat outside on a beautiful evening.
As a starter we all had 'strawberry soup with avocado icecream'; I am not a soup person but a friend recommended this. Boy, it is ace. It may sound odd but tastes brilliant. We followed this with tuna steaks; again excellent. The restaurant has a swiss chef and we highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I had a meal with 2 vegetarians- had a fabulous meal, excellent attentive service, the Vegetarians loved it too.
I can highly recommend.
It is slightly more expensive than other restaurants but well worth it.O

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Simple menu but great food service very friendly and informative with a lovely view. Fabulous apple strudel

Date of visit: May 2018