“Life changing experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lamai Beach
New Leaf Detox Resort
Reviewed 4 October 2017

After struggling for years to lose the extra kilos, I came across new leaf and that is exactly what it was for me a chance to turn over a new leaf. I spent three weeks there and managed to drop 11kgs. The whole team is extremely supportive and give you the tools and support you need to succeed in achieving your goals. Great location near the beach and the Lamai markets are right outside your door every Sunday evening which was good for a bit of shopping. Best thing about the whole experience is all the energy I now have upon returning back home - highly recommend it to anyone looking for a holiday with a difference and is looking to implement some change to their health and wellbeing

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Sam L

Reviewed 7 September 2017

New Leaf Detox Resort's current property is correctly rated 3-star.
However the staff and program lift this to 4+ in my opinion.
The daily program is well balanced between fixed activities (daily morning walks, aqua aerobics, colema, massage, afternoon yoga and steam room) and a rotation of activities and presentations for you to experience (Thai boxing, cooking class, Pilates, Nutrition presentations, meditation, breathing techniques, etc). There is also access to a large well equiped gym if you want to push your daily exercise further.
The low calorie meal plan does not leave you hungry ... indeed throughout my 14 day detox it was my experience and that of my fellow 'detoxers' to be 'too busy' to think about being hungry. Breakfast and lunch are fruit based juices and smoothies respectively. There are also plenty of supplements. You do however look forward to the hearty dinner time soups to give you a full stomach to get you through the night.
Daily colemas and the weekly liver flush are entirely optional, but encouraged. After my first liver flush (days 5/6) I swore I'd never do it again, but by day 10 I was lining up for a second one. Whilst I felt very sick the morning after my first flush, the next 2 colemas worked wonders in cleansing the toxins released and I felt incredibly healthy.
Although I didn't have a weight problem (I attended to combat adrenal fatigue and stress related symptoms) I did lose 6.4kg in 14 days.
Air and her staff are always on hand to guide and encourage you ... I would also recommend taking up the additional Personal Training sessions with Violetta to build strength and muscle throughout your stay ... she is a brilliant trainer for all levels of fitness and body shapes.
Thank you New Leaf ... my life is much brighter and back on track!

Room Tip: C2 is a lovely solo room in close proximity to the yoga pavillion, pool, massage rooms and steam roo...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank AliBear0709
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Having had limited holidays in the last few years due to my busy career, I recently had the chance to take an extended break, and after a lot of deliberation on how to best use this time I decided to do 21 days at New Leaf. After a month back in Australia, the realising the healthy lifestyle change that was facilitated through their excellent staff and services, I believe my time there was easily the most valuable way I could have spent the time off.

I had no idea what to expect from the resort, but the staff put me instantly at ease and made the entire experience extremely positive and enjoyable, especially Tam and Robin, who were amazing. The days went quickly with lots of activities to get involved in, and surprisingly the soups, juices and supplements that are part of the program didn't leave me hungry at all.

Having achieved such great results in weight loss, and enjoying a general feeling of wellness that I had not felt before, I extended the stay to 28 days, and ended up loosing around 15kgs, down from a starting weight around 120kgs......and best of all, I have continued to loose weight in Australia, albeit much slower then I did while at the resort.

I'd recommend investing a few weeks at the resort to anyone as a great way to kickstart a real lifestyle change.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

I have been coming to New Leaf Detox resort since May 2010. This was my 5th visit to New Leaf, and my main purpose this time round was for a re-start. I was stressed, mentally and emotionally exhausted and booked in for a 14 day program. For me personally there is something special about this place, and every time I return I arrive with a big sigh of relief and a smile on my face, welcomed like family by the staff. The staff are amazing! They make you feel like you are at home, support you whilst detoxing and nothing is too difficult.

I am constantly amazed at how much energy I have and comfortably walking 5-12km most mornings. You can do as little or as much as you want, without feeling pressured to join the group activities/exercises. It's hard not to join in, when you have an amazing group of men and women on the same detoxing program. Sharing lots of laughter and detoxing stories.

After 2 weeks on the program I have left with a twinkle in my eye and a bounce in my step! I feel like my old self again...balanced, rested, energised, happy, calm with a sense of peace.

I can't recommend this place enough and look forward to another visit.

Thanks Air and crew! See you guys again really soon xx

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I have just completed 10 days at New - Leaf and whilst it's a well used metaphor I arrived as a stranger and walked away a friend.

I also walked away 7.5kgs lighter. But this place adds a little more than weight loss.

They really do assist you in increasing your metabolic system and give you a plan to continue when your gone. Mine needed a real shot in the arm. I was too fat & comfortable and frankly too embarrassed to walk into a gym having had a knee operations some 5 years previous that put a stop to any exercise. The weight piled on and the thought of trying to get myself off the couch seemed daunting. I used to have heart palpitations simply crossing the road.

So i arrived at New Leaf with the a hope and a small prayer. Health wise, some of us were drinking in the last chance saloon where if we didn't do something soon, we knew the inevitability outcome and consequences of our over - indulgent lifestyles. The staff on my arrival and the following day - everyone of them - were genuinely welcoming throughout my stay, encouraging me at every turn.

I recommend the morning walks - and would you believe it Aqua aerobics.! Dont worry. I never believed i would be doing that also. You find yourself with an interesting bunch of like minded people all sharing a common purpose with a common goal. Dont worry if your not fit. Thats why your there! They cater for everyone and not one person feels out of place.

Ive met people there that will, I'm sure, remain friends for life as will some members of the team, such is their commitment also. Its true of many places like this de-tox facility but if you have never been to one, its hard to describe how very easily you make friends and quickly become a bunch of people all sharing and caring for each other. All from various parts of the world, social, economic strata and age. Personal barriers that we all tend to put up fall away. Its hard to describe. You just need to give yourself a chance, park your body here and do what they say.

Go with an open mind and an open heart. Your body will thank you. Everything is included so you spend very little money on arrival. I also took 4 books with me and read half of one i was kept happily busy which was entirely my choice, but its something you need to do when passing the days on de- tox. Keep busy. They do that for you and without thinking, the days fly by.

Its not easy but nothing worthwhile ever is. But you achieve personal goals that transcend weight. It kicks starts the mind and so many felt inspired to get hold of life, shake the dross, and make a new start in their personal and business life. Ideas were shared. Hopes and fears were discussed freely. When you have talked about your toilet habits after a colema ( and everyone does so get used to it ) its not easy to keep the barriers up. We are brothers and sisters together.

Its true to say that the process at New -Leaf gives you this. Its there within you. It shows you the new you. A fleeting glimpse of what you could still yet become. You always had it. Fully energised, with new enthusiasm your moment of clarity, now you can go and take the world by the shoulders and shake the joy out of it.

New Leaf and the people who were part of this time were a gift to me. A blessing. Now take yours, You owe yourself this trip. X

Mike.

9.6 km away
Samahita Retreat
Samahita Retreat
#2 of 13 in Taling Ngam

Been to New Leaf Detox Resort? Share your experiences!