“You get what you pay for or value for money...”

Seabel Aladin Djerba
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aghir
Reviewed 30 July 2017

...you chose from... But i chose “you get what you pay for”.

But before i start my honest review, i want to express my gratitude to Ms. Radhia Ammar “Chef réservation”, who i’ve email a couple of weeks early with a room request and also with a reservation of the a la carte restaurant for my wife birthday.

We’ve been room upgraded for free on arrival from a Double Standart Room with garden view in the main building to a Bungalow with sea view in one of the 7 menzels of the Resort.

The hotel itself was, in my opinion, is poor even for a budget 3 star hotel.

This is a beach resort, but you can choose between the beach where it is very peaceful with sunloungers (old) and palapas available. Or you have the pool with plenty of seats if you wake up early, because both in the beach and in the pool it’s played the towel game.

The pool is cold, however I only felt this after sunbathing as my body was hot. When I hadn't been in the sun, it was lovely for a swim.

The Animation Team around the pool were also average; they were very welcoming and kind but hassle you to join in with games and exercises which occur throughout the day at the pool.

Food in the buffet restaurant - WOW into the bad. Every meal had a small range of food available, only breakfast was the same each day.
Lunch and dinner in the buffet were different each day and night. Some of the food have only one batch so if you are not in the first position, no food for you.
Hygiene is a word that makes NO sense there... For example there are plates with food after wash, they don’t change the towel from one guest to the other, they simple turn it back over and over again, trash on the floor... You name it...
If 3 meals a day are not enough for you, there is also a Snack Bar by the pool that serve pizza,and other sweet goodies from 15.30 pm to 18pm along with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Again, by 16h30 pm there is nothing to eat and they do not bring more...

Food in the a la carte restaurant - don’t even bothet to book... A la carte?! No way... You cannot pick anyfrom from the list, because there is NO list!!! They serve a complete standart meal of what they want... Glad we had a birthday cake for my wife...

Drinks - Buy all the bottles of your favorite alcohol you think you need in your local duty free airport, because the local alcohol is very, very, very bad... I’ve no words to express it... I didn’t know that, and had to pick up a taxi to a near village that have a special shop that sells alcohol (Remember that you’re in a Muslim country...) to buy some bottles of dark rum for me and vodka for my wife... In the meals we drink local draft beer because the local wine is inedible.

Rooms - Not clean and old. There is a flatscreen TV, a shower, toilet, desk, safe, wardrobe, air-conditioning and balcony. It was “cleaned” (a very bad sweep and nothing more) everyday and the only good point is that they put us always the towels and the toilet paper. They put us some flowers in the room that stayed there all the time of our stay and you didn’t even know what they looked when we leave... Dead... Ridiculous...

All the days they have an open air disco in the beach near the menzels from 11pm to 2am. So if you plan to have a decent sleep quality be sure to ask from a room in the main building far away from it. Otherwise you’ll listen to music all the time, because it’s so strong and the soundproofing is zero.

Staff - not kind and helpful. Can speak Arabic, French and Russian because they are 80% of the resort population. Very poor English and of course no Portuguese. I used my poor French... I have may complaints regarding the staff. Example: staff in the restaurant is all male and what they want is only to try to pick up the Russian females... They only have eyes for them...

Pools - The only thing very good. Two big ones (one infinity), one for the kids and one indoor.

Beach - I lived all my life in a town (Lisbon) that have near lots and lots of wonderful beaches... So from my point of view is poor. Small, rocky and dirty with natural sea debris that the resort don’t clean in the morning. The only good thing is that the Mediterranean sea is such much hot that “my” North Atlantic Ocean...

Entertainment - the lobby bar is open until midnight with inside and outside seating, usually with music going on too, all of which was nice. Afterwards there is the open air disco that continues until 2am. I must admit when in there, there was only a handful of people there... Drunk Russians... There is a kid's entertainment section too during the day by the pool.

Location - great if you just plan to stay there, because you need a taxi to go to the near villages to live Tunisian life...

Overall I NOT recommend it.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building because of the noise of the open air disco at night.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building because of the noise of the open air disco at night.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PMAL
SEABEL H, Responsable relations clients at Seabel Aladin Djerba, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Seabel Aladin Djerba.
Please note that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention.

Looking forward to welcome you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Great place, very nice, clean and well-designed territory, very good attitude to the guests, a lot of fun and animation activities, it wins even in comparison with some 4 -5 stars hotels (it's from our own experience).

Stayed: July 2017
SEABEL H, Responsable relations clients at Seabel Aladin Djerba, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Please note that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again to our hotel.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The all inclusive is a shame, they don't have a mini bar on the rooms, they only pass cups for water, in several time we take the fork and knife dirty and cup smelling other thing because is not washed. "They don't have dishwashers"
Every day same uncleness and same food.
They advertise free wifi in all hotel, really we have signal in all hotel, but the internet did not work properly.
Pool and beach fantastic.

Room Tip: All rooms are basically same.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
SEABEL H, Responsable relations clients at Seabel Aladin Djerba, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel.
Please note that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again to our hotel.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

We were so happy with this hotel. We estimate we have stayed in about 20 hotels in Tunisia. This one was by far the best. Don't let the three stars stop you from staying here. The staff is excellent. Authentically involved with the guests. The animation staff was really good. Somebody is doing a good job of hiring and training this staff. Food was excellent. Lots of choice, lots of variety and always included Tunisian dishes and plenty of healthy options. Bar staff very helpful and always available.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank smalone2015
Reviewed 13 November 2016

The hotel is 30 minutes from the airport. I spent 4 days there and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had an all inclusive stay and found it was good value for money. My room was large with a balcony overlooking the pool area which was lovely. The layout of the interior of the hotel meant there was a bit of noise from the bar area but nothing too serious. The beach is just down a pathway from the hotel with sunloungers provided. At this time of year the beach bar was closed but I imagine it is great in high season. The staff are lovely and reception speak good english. There is an ATM in the foyer which is handy for the few shops nearby or within the hotel. Entertainment was good in the evenings and activities throughout the day kept fellow travellers busy.I enjoyed a hammam and massage in the hotel spa. A couple of points to note - I sent 2 emails to the hotel prior to arrival and did not get a response and if you are alone there is not much nearby the hotel other than a few shops. You will need to get a taxi or tour if you feel like exploring. I enjoyed the time I spent there.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room overlooking the pool which was nice.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank lost_outhere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aghir
10.4 km away
Hotel Palm Azur
#22 of 104 in Djerba Island
7.3 km away
Djerba Plaza Hotel & Spa

Been to Seabel Aladin Djerba? Share your experiences!