The Fortress Resort & Spa
Cantaloupe Aqua(Unawatuna)
Insight Resort(Ahangama)
JH Villa(Talpe)
1,616 results
All reviewsocean roombose sound systemtuk tukseafood buffetsri lankajacuzzi bathindian oceaninfinity poolour honeymoonbaby turtlesluxury hotelyala national parkamazing hotelopen planday bedhuge bedwalk in shower
Reviewed 28 May 2015

Great place to stay for a romantic break / chill out. Stayed here for the second time for a solo business trip, this time the room was ocean facing and the outlook was great. Room has everything you could dream of and much more, its definitely classed locally as very expensive but this place is 5 star. Staff are helpful, some could describe them as overly attentive but given the circumstances it probably doesn't bother many. Food is varied European and local, all cooked to perfection. Would certainly bring the wife if the company covered the costs. Given its beach front location the mossies are an unwelcome resident, be sure to apply creams regularly

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Team_Flappa_2010
Reviewed 20 May 2015

This is a very belated review but i'm catching up on my admin :-)

I visited the Fortress last year with my partner and have to say it's probably the best service I have ever received globally, and I've done my fair share of travelling/staying in nice places.

Highly recommended and would definitely return !

Thanks :-)

Room Tip: All are lovely but we went for the plunge pool with sea views.... well worth it !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MacMcC9
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my wife & my daughter for vacation. I was really impressed by the high quality of standard of service.Ms.DILINI NADEESHA at the reception was outstanding. She made us feel at home from the begining. The room was of highest quality with remote control operated lighting system. The bathroom was fabulous with a Jacuzzi. Overall room was extremely cozzy with a wooden floor & ocean facing maginificent balcony. The room was filled with lovely cinnamon aroma in the night which was vaporized from pure cinnamon oil kept on a heated metal plate. The food was superb!!! We were lucky to have a sea food BBQ special dinner. The beach was gorgeous & I was really impresed that the hotel also maintained a sea turtle reserve to protect wild life. We will definitely coming back for this TRULY LUXURIOUS HOTEL!!! I also specially like to thank CHEF VITHANACHCHI to recommend this hotel for us.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank GimalD
Reviewed 17 May 2015

We stayed at The Fortress in March 2015 for 5 nights. Property is impressive on first entering but on closer inspection is looking a bit tired, especially the rooms. Our room was an ocean facing room which had a small balcony overlooking the sea. It is worth paying the extra for one of these rooms.
The pool and setting of this hotel is great and we spent most days by the pool reading our books. It is a very relaxing location.
Breakfast was so so. Nothing amazing and the birds and squirrels trying to steal food from our plates were irritating.
Food in the only restaurant was ok but menu was limited after a few nights. They do buffets some evenings which were ok. We went to the Amangalla for dinner one evening which was fabulous. Would highly recommend the trip into Galle for dinner there. Other restaurant options in and around the hotel area were pretty poor and Galle town has better restaurants.
The staff were very friendly which made up for the tired decor but this hotel could be so much better than it currently offers.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cunning-travellers
Reviewed 12 May 2015

If the price can come down , I would stay more.Very expensive.Other than that there no complains, Good Location, Really good staff,Very helpful.Overall excellent service.Good location to relax.Beautiful set up.I like the place very much.

Room Tip: Ocean VIew
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business