“Perfect in every way”

Price range: US$18 - US$24
Cuisines: Greek, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The wonderful garden and the traditional old building together with the superb local cuisine make this restaurant a unique and impressive place to enjoy your drinks and meal. Live music nights, local specialities, warm atmosphere. A place where all will be satisfied, perfect for romantic nights out, family outings, a place to celebrate special occasions and even business meals.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We popped into Lucciola as it was recommended by our host. Everything about this place is wonderful. The food is absolutely delicious, the wine was spot on, and lastly but certainly not least the service and hosts are delightful! We ate a selection of different starters, sharing them between us; but let me strongly recommend the homemade warm fresh bread, the grilled cheese particularly. The main courses were all delicious. Wash down your delicious meal with a glass/bottle of the Paranga red. You will not be disappointed with this Gorgeous family run taverna.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

As you enter the restaurant, you are taken by surprise by the colorful and rustic shabby setting, and the clever use of reclaimed material. It felt like stepping back in time. We took an assortment of appetizers that were absolutely deslish, followed by fried beef rolls for the boys, and chicken filets with lemon herbs sauce for me. We could not finish it all. What I liked too was the fact that, unlike many other local restaurants, in this one you actually needed the menu cause all the dishes are off the beaten path. Excellent service, and a nice choice of wines, and all at a very reasonable price. Will definately be back for more since we live 10mn away.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

A cozy colorful place, ideal for winter or summer. Great taste, wonderful service and the fireplace looks amazing. At summertime, the terrace is the best place to find peace and enjoy the gourmet cuisine from giannis and angeliki hands

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We have sailed around the Ionian Islands for the last four years. We have found the food in the restaurants close to the harbours good, but perhaps a little repetitive.

We were introduced to the Lucciola Garden by our friends, a local Greek family and have now been there three times. Our friend Nikos tells me some of the food is based on dishes from Crete. If it is, fine. All I will say is that the food is very different to that served in other restaurants I have visited. And it is very, very good.

The restaurant is just off the main road to Paliokastritsa, about 2 miles from Gouvia. It is signposted. There is no real road noise when you sit outside to eat.

The outside dining area is delightful. Old painted tables and chairs add to the atmosphere. Children are safe to play in the garden. Nikos tells me there are fireflies in the garden in May.

I can imagine the restaurant must be equally as nice in the winter. There is a large fire in the corner of the room which must make it quite cosy.

An addition to the restaurant is the craft shop upstairs. Not my scene personally, but every lady who has been there has bought something. Apparently, all locally made and I must admit, some of the stuff for sale is quite cleverly done.

Finally the staff. I'm sure Nikos and Fenia have told me there names, but I can't remember. Suffice to say, the three people I have met who run the place have all been charming. Nothing was too much trouble and, like all Greek front of house staff in the Ionian, they all speak excellent English.

Will we go back?

Of course.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The environment is great so peaceful and calm ,no music outside but the smell of the trees around you and the spacious garden is enough to spend a nice romantic night or afternoon tasting different plates,which are so tasty and well cooked that reward you for sitting here..The owners do not know if they are from Corfu but they are really polite and kind(animal lovers too they own 2 lovely cats wandering inside out the garden)..They have house wine too and can advise you for what is preferable to taste.We had the plate with the aubergines wrapped with cheese and special tomato sauce which where shaped in small towers!Also chicken fillet(delicious)and I had the ravioli plate with mackerel fish which had an intense taste indeed but really tasteful.The summer salad was excellent too and as for the price,real bargain!Could not ask for more.We own a house very close to this hidden gem and we visit Corfu during summertime so definitely we will visit again!Excellent idea to organize a small dinner with friends here!Good job guys as Corfu lacks good food combinated with a big smile!

1  Thank Myrpa2014