All reviewsswimming pooldefinitely worth a visiton sitegreat holidaythe kitchenparkwatervillagenetherlandsfacilitieschildrenrestactivitiesschiermonnikoogtownsplaybike
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Traditional Dutch town near the sea. Houses built in traditional Dutch style but with every mod con. Comfortable, very clean, warm. Facilities on site great, I enjoyed a lovely massage but there was golf, swimming pool, lots of children's activities, a very well stocked shop, restaurants and bars. No need to go off site but there are some lovely places to visit if you want to explore.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Graceal
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Yes we know, rebuilding a small city with old houses can be called kitsch. But it looks great and actually we felt perfect. The houses on the park are big and well equipped. On the park there are many facilities for water sports and the restaurant is ok. On walking distance there are more good restaurants and the little shop is open in the morning and provides nice breads. You can rent a bike and if you lack something just ask the service desk before 5pm. s we know. Rebuilding a small city with old houses you can call kitch

Room Tip: They have great houses special for families with young children
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Amazing> Beautiful scenery, rivers marshes and sea. Great new lodgings. Lot of birds. beautiful surrounding and fun for the kids. Two very nice and cozy restaurants. The Landal looks like a small city and it is very lovely.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

We booked for 2 weeks in a luxury bungalow (6DL1). The park seems attractive, bungalow and houses where pretty new and the location is fabulous.

After booking, the first unorganized actions appear.

We needed to deposit a down payment about 25%, and pay the rest 1 month before arrival. So far so good. At the second payment, you don't get a reminder. So planned it in my agenda. After making the second payment you don't get a receipt. That's annoying. Called for a confirmation that the money arrived.

When we arrived, we arrived in a not so clean bungalow, we cleaned it ourselves to prevent discussions, but did complaint to the staff. They were willing to sent a housekeeper.

Contacted staff because the baby gate upstairs was broken. They fixed it the same day.

Contacted staff because the dishwasher did not work, they would sent someone to fix it. Two days later we asked staff if someone has fixed the dishwasher, because it still did not work. Two days later an engineer came by and cleaned the machine. This did not help, one day later we got a replacement machine.

We rented a gourmet set, including the food. We got an incomplete gourmet set, which was not very clean. Included food was good of taste and quality.

Tv in the bedroom is not usable, it is on top of a clothes cabinet (see photo's).

Also all power sockets have child security caps, but extension wires are used and those are not Protected.

The terras is surrounded by a gate, but you still have to watch your children very closely, because that is a gap that is wide enough for a young child to fall trough.

There is a possibility to take a ride on a horse carriage. We reserved for a Sunday at 15.00. We Would be notified if It Would take place. We haven't been notified. When checking at the reception, they asked me to pay for the tour, and assured me that it would take place. I explicitly asked her if she was sure for the 15.00 trip. She confirmed. I payed and left. 5 mins later, they called my wife that the trip was cancelled the day before.

After heavy rainfall the bridge between the locations got flooded, there was not put a sign at the beginning of the path, so we had to take the same way back and after that had to take the long route to the reception. Would have been a small gesture to place a sign that the bridge was unusable. It probably is not the first time that the bridge was flooded.

The swimming pool is clean, as are the Turkish stream bath and the sauna. A bubble bath is available as well.

The restaurant in the center of EsonStad had a friendly staff. The food is good, there are some toys for young children. Nice establishment.

Things to do:
- Visit Dokkum
- Book a water bike
- Visit the Aquazoo in Leeuwarden
- Visit the mill (De Zwaluw) in Burdaard
- Rent a boat for a trip on the Lauwersmeer
- Walk a few routes near the Lauwersmeer
- Visit the DoZoo in Leens

All above activities are based on families with children.

Although I don't think we got what we paid for, we had a good holiday. The house is warm and comfortable and has a splendid view.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Joostenfemke
Reviewed 22 August 2015

Beautiful resort, great location and accommodation but...
Rude staff maybe it's just the situation we were in but I never been treated like that. Worked for years in hospitality this was horrible. Let me write my story :
Ive recently stayed with my family in your Park. I wanted to make an official complain.

We arrived the park on the 3rd August and came by car from United Kingdom. Me and my mother and my two sons age 2 and 12. On our way to park I felt very ill, on arrival on the reception we asked one of the staff for help, I had temperature of 42C and sickness. We asked for early check in and said that we are happy to pay for it. We also asked for arranging doctor appointment- which was done by receptionist.

After visit at the doctor I was prescribed course of very strong antibiotics advised to lay in bed, and diagnosed with very bad kidney infection. We came back to reception asked again for early check in. Receptionist said : no. We said that I have to be in bed and can’t stay on a sun ( it was very hot day), because after taking this medication you can’t  be on a sun. Receptionist was very rude and said she can’t do anything.
We asked is there a place we can stay, she said go to restaurant, and so we went with the small baby me being sick and vometing. Restaurant didn’t serve food until 12:00 staff didn’t bother to serve us. We came back after big argument with receptionist in front of many people. She let me in to first aid room which was dirty filled with stuff with no place to sit. After that finally manager came to see me- we asked to see her before- and told me that I can’t stay there and asked me to leave. She told me that I could call her from restaurant- Ive explained that no one wanted to serve us. She called me a liar, when I said I don’t want to talk to her any more she was keep talking and attacking me verbally. I said that we understand that house is not ready we are just asking to let us stay somewhere safe in a shadow because I’m very unwell, and its not safe to be on a sun in big heat. She basically told me to leave.

We finally got to the house at 2:45pm. We also had bicycles booked for the family. We asked for one of the bicycles with a toddler seat. We didn’t get one. We asked on reception to change it for one with a seat. Staff changed it for another without any seat.

We understand that Park is very busy, an early check in can be a problem but we ask your staff for help in this difficult for us situation. We asked not because we were lazy just because I was very unwell and temperature outside was reaching 30 C. We were happy to pay. I can’t believe that this big place don’t have a working first aid room. I can’t believe that we were told to stay outside. It is sad that this beautiful place has rude staff. We were treaded in a horrible way and there is no way to describe how dissatisfied we are with your Park.

Room Tip: houses near city centre are very nice. Don't pay for welcoming pack all the info is online.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family