Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hot water bottles private waterfall log burner fairy lights thought of everything one night fridge freezer piping hot fly spray electric heater communal kitchen rainy evening camping experience this place is amazing amazing waterfall egg baguette short drive
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed with my son and family in the green yurt for two nights in August then with my daughter and my two grandsons in the blue yurt. Two different trips in terms of weather and activity - the first stay was a walking holiday, on the second trip we went mountain biking along the Swale Trail. The constant factor was Swaledale Yurts; peaceful and beautiful setting, perfect hosts, comfortable beds, delicious and generous food (apologies for being quite unable to finish the delicious vegetable stew and dumpling twice), every detail thought of - from eye masks to the milk in the fridge. The hot tub (with Prosecco of course) was enjoyed hugely. My youngest grandson said he wanted to live in a yurt. A very special place.

Room tip: The blue yurt is at the far end so has lots of outdoor space for children to play.
Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

I have been camping many times but my wife refuses, so on a recommendation from friends we booked a glamping experience, as we left the booking late we were only able to book 1 night but this suited as were not sure what to expect. On arrival we were greeted with a friendly face and given all the information we needed, there are two waterfalls within walking distance and visited both. We stayed in the red Yurt.

We ordered breakfast the next day which was delicious, it was a bacon and egg baguette cooked exactly how I like it.

The shower facilities were clean, but the drain to the shower tray probably needs unblocked as drained slowly (I forgot to mention this when we left so am sure it will be resolved)

We would definitely like to return in the future and stay for a little longer to experience more of the area and the hot tub.

Reviewed 6 August 2021

My two friends and I shared the Red Yurt and put all our children (1x 11y/o, 2x 12y/os and 1x 15y/o) in the Blue Yurt for 2 nights before we moved into the Keld Bunkbarn (see separate review). The Yurts were spotlessly clean and very warm and cosy with the logburners lit. No WiFi meant we had uninterrupted time to drink tea and catch up, and the children were forced to play board games! The private toilet and showers were very welcome and guests have use of the camping barn kitchen where we were able to meet, be inspired by and take notes from a group of Wild Swimmin Wimmin who rated the rivers and waterfalls in the area very highly. We ordered both the veggie and the meat chillis which were superb, huge portions, really delicious. It really felt like an idyllic getaway, the location is stunning and it's all the fun of camping without the faff of tents and the discomfort of rollmats and sleeping bags. We'll worth a couple of nights but we were so glad we stayed the whole week.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

Drove past these yurts last year and decided to try them out this year. The yurts were fabulous. They had everything you need and more. So warm, we did not need to put the fire on, even though we wanted to. Our own toilet and shower was a nice touch. Loads of instant hot water. The hot tub was great with lovely views.

We had an evening meal at the site. Large, tasty, wholesome portions.

Swimming each day in the waterfall was beautiful and truly memorable.

A great base to walk, cycle and mountain bike.

Our hosts were lovely. Nothing was too much trouble.

I am so looking forward to returning.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 28 July 2021

We didn’t stay at the yurts but we broke down up the road and both Michelle and her husband helped us out. They let us use the WiFi, offered us the house phone and found us a battery for the offending car key issue! If you stay with them, I am sure you will have the best time. Thank you again!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Michelle Murphy, Owner at Swaledale Yurts, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

Hi Kat, really glad you got sorted and thank you for so much for the flowers. Really not necessary as we were happy to help but much appreciated all the same. :0) x