“The place to hang...”
Review of Manfreds Soul Cafe

Manfreds Soul Cafe
Ranked #25 of 100 Restaurants in El Medano
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Description: A great view of the ocean, a beautiful sunset, a warm and quiet terrace and a selection of excellent lounge music are the main features of Manfred's Soul Cafe. But not the only reason why Manfred's Soul Café is one of the most visited bars of the Medano, the experience of the workers and their professionalism in balance with the family atmosphere and relaxed make it the ideal place to spend special moments. Perhaps enjoy a fresh mojito since cocktails with or without alcohol are their specialty. Do not miss the tapas menu, bread toasties with the ingredients above, delicious healthy and quality breakfast and Brunch and grand diversity of dishes to come and eat overlooking the sea ... you have to try them all! Whether having a cocktail, a drink, tapas, tasting a perfect Italian coffee, tea or infusions, Manfred's Soul Café awaits you! ... and if you are here during sunset, from Manfred's, right in front of the sea and the famous Red Mountain of Medano.
Reviewed 29 November 2017

yes they did piss me off one evening with their inability to see we were ready to order but all in all we made this 'home' and it didn't disappoint...some live music would be nice but perhaps that is available in high summer...

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I was just there for a beer and they have not a clue about hospitality...

Wonderful location, and very nice music, decor and tables and very nice open air lounge seating area outside.

Nice enough local tap beer Dorada and complinteary home-made popcorn (Yum!) but they have no understanding (THEY PRETEND TO CARE) of customer service or hospitality.

They like to take your money but don't like to give service.

I was there earlier today too for coffee and it is like they only want to serve local Canarians or something..

i spoke in Spanish and they pretend not to understand you and then when you speak in English they say "Que?" "Que?" as in WHAT?? WHAT?? i

It takes half an hour to confirm a coffee order -" Cafe con leche por favor" "Que?" "Que?"

It's like they are very prejudiced or something. It should not have to be so hard.

I waited an hour to get a moment with one of the waitresses... t

hey did not even come to my table and ask me if i wanted a menu.

A couple of locals came after me and they were panicking over a few tables with a chef and 2 waitreses and was told " 1 miinuto!!!!!!" when attempting to get a word in edegways to ask for a menu.

So i went back this evening to speak with the manager but I was told "They do not have a manager" and so I said "Maybe you should have a manager.

I even told the young spectacled bar-man (who to be fair when I first went offered me some of his Leftover Chinese Takeaway to take home which i refused to accept but thanked them repeatedly for the "kindness" and that I would never forget the kind gesture when I went there last week too late to order food) that it's not really that important....

...Because in El Medano when you complain they do not take it on board (i have encountered dozens and dozensof times of the same experience). but act up and throw their dummy out of the pram.. bunch of Miserables in general in the South of Tenerife.. Sorry to say but I am not surprised by their ultimate stinking attitude.. Including the two face spectacled barman if you can call him that who went and told another staff who is probably the manager who started to tell me that to wait here for a menu for an hour is normal LOL .A consolation is that a very welcoming German waitress found my wallet and returned it to me the first time I went but unfortunately I will not be returning.. Thank you Gloria for returning my wallet. And Thank you to the Waitress who tried to find out the name of the artist of the song that was playing.. Also the chef/dishwasher was quite rude when I was there for breakfast or not breakfast LOL

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

As we drove past Manfred's I knew we would instantly like it there. We were desperate to escape the chavvy atmosphere of Brits abroad and explored the island to find more bohemian areas that were more chilled and although not authentically canarian, much more like just a Spanish seaside village. We stopped at Manfred's for lunch and what a treat it was. It perfectly matches the surf vibes of the area. We ordered a non alcoholic cocktail, a frappe and a bagel for two. We were not disappointed... The drinks were plentiful and deliciously blended. The service was relaxed, super friendly and the food was tasty. I really wish we'd had time to return and have a breakfast and also tapas here. I can imagine this place is superb for sunset views of kite surfers on the bay and is a good little watering hole of an evening. I hope to return here if I come back to Tenerife.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Great place with an amazing view!! Absolutely loved it, the food is very tasty, fresh and local!! Very recommend!
Friendly staff, relax atmosphere:) we were the only tourists :))) Which is great:)))

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh, finally a perfect cappuccino Italian way, no nata (whipped cream - the horror) , steamed milk, brown sugar on the side and served with an extra glass of still water. Great view over the bay as bonus.