“interesting fusion restaurant by the sea”
Review of Imperio del Pintxo

Imperio del Pintxo
Ranked #14 of 92 Restaurants in El Medano
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Imperio del Pintxo is a Restaurant with a culinary concept of tapas and traditional dishes with Asian-fusion... The pintxos(tapas) and daily suggestions(they are not displayed) are elaborated on the spot using fresh and seasonal produce. A concept that guarantees the quality of our produce while giving way to new flavors.
Reviewed 12 February 2016

This was a nice interesting fusion Spanish restaurant (fused with Asian flavours). I went for the salmon tartar for a starter, and cod tamarindo with banana fritters in sesame for main. It might be a bit confusing ordering if you don't understand spanish too well, as the waiter's english is ok and some of the menu options are a little confusing, even though there was an english menu provided. I thought the salmon tatar would be salmon with the mayonnaise-type sauce, but it was salmon cooked in a beef tatar style. I.e. I think it was raw, and marinated in a tangy sauce, it was very tasty, but you should be aware of this if you don't want to eat raw fish. My main was also delicious. The dishes were well presented and the waiter and cook were pleasant. The service was a little slow, but they were also very nice as they had run out of maki, but they made me a little gofio for free as I asked for it, as I heard it was a speciality of the Canaries and it was my last day and had still not tried it.

There are newer reviews for Imperio del Pintxo

Reviewed 26 January 2016

5 euros for the largest Bacardi Coke I have ever seen. They put in amazing amounts of alcohol and its really good value for money. the waiter is really nice, we went 4 times in our 7 day stay in Medano.

great value for money, we didnt eat there, but the food looked great, next time we will eat there for sure.

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Amazing service from Alex and the restaurant. We initially only called in to ask where we could watch English football and he directed us to Jeip. Then after the football we wanted to have something to eat, called into Playa de Roja and did not get a welcoming reception even though we had been in there previously!!!
Went back to Imperio and what amazing food!!! Please go there and experience the Chorizo. Amazing food and wonderful people.

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

Had set tapas menu which was supringlu filling. Calamari and octopus good, rest ok. Sangris was goid. Excellent service. Dishes others had looked good.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

Try the calamari or the fried sardines! Fresh and delicious, cool waiter with he pony tail outside was friendly. They have also a good taste in music Erykah Badu, Bilal, Etc so it's a good vibe.