“Great Experience ”

Le Penon
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in El Medano
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after reading the reviews.
We had a table for four and don’t expect to get in and out in under 3 hours. The service and quality of food is excellent. Good wine accompanied a 3 course dinner with some courses being very unique, a main of ox cheek being particularly rich and a 1st for me.
Well worth seeking this place out but remember quality and variety of this kind does not come cheaply but well worth it for a special night out.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Quality, creativity, service, price by value! Second row location, first class experience. It is not traditional but basque-french.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Was looking forward to our night out at Le Penon as it was my Wife’s birthday and this was the number 1 on Tripadvisor. I was a little disappointed. The food was ok the service was cheerful but they got my order wrong. This can happen so as long as they sorted it out, it would be ok. The waiter immediately blamed the Kitchen and spent over ten minutes on the computer. He then came and blamed the “machine” I ate what was provided as I did not seem to have much choice. I could see into the kitchen from where I was sitting and could not understand why he could not have gone and spoken to the Chef to sort out the order. But the “Computer said no” I suspect.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Vegetarian meal selection on the menu could be bigger, but the ones we chose were delicious. Wonderful staff: friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Went here while staying in El medano, expected not much and were happy to have visited this place, location is nice and staff really kind, offering kind of live cooking (apperitiv or some desserts) the starters (fois gras and tuna carpaccio) just awesome, then we had the duck and cod fish, both were awesome, the sauces...great, the food or kitchen is really high class and excellent, didn't expect that in El medano, the prices are still good for that sophisticated kitchen, way cheaper than Germany but ofc no tourist junk food, your decision, if you like to have a really nice evening with also excellent service, this is a place to be, will def revisit this place

1  Thank schorfi