“Very good pizza, reasonable price”

Skijaliste Bistro Vucnica
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Plitvica
Cuisines: Croatian
Description: Skijaliste Bistro "Vucnica". They serve pizza. And the resort also sells ski equipment
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Quick dinner after visiting Plitvice Lakes. Pizza is very good (we got a jumbo size, 2 different flavours) and, apart from using cheddar-like chees instead of mozzarella, it will easily compete witha good italian pizza restaurant (I congratulated the owner). Usually crowded, you better book it or be patient while waiting for a table. Personnel was kind and friendly. for 2 beers, 1 jumbo pizza, 1 dessert and 1 liquour we paid less than 20 euros. A real deal.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Plitvice Lakes are magnificent.
The food options are appalling. It's that simple. So if you can find a reasonable choice, you grab it gratefully. We did that for 3 lunches.

After walking, we headed to Vucnica for a late lunch. It was within close walking distance from our accommodation.

We ordered 2 bottles of wine - a most drinkable white and an excellent 2009 Postup!!

Food - pizzas are ok. Good base, reasonable toppings. Spaghetti was a bit boring. Salad fresh. Hamburger was dry and forgettable.
And the prices were very very fair. With a gratuity, cost was around €60. In Australia, we would pay €45 plus for a 2009 red of that quality!!

Service - friendly and efficient. Others have said otherwise on TripAdvisor- we disagree. Knowing a few basic Croatian words helps in this rural environment.

So, stick to the pizza, enjoy the beer and vino and be very grateful this restaurant is here.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

The reviews I see on here after eating at this restaurant are so surprising to me. They expect you to seat yourself, but they are busy and I don't think they have great English so that may explain why the waiting staff seemed rude to some.

We received our drinks within 30 seconds of entering and our pizzas, fresh from the oven, arrived only 10 minutes after. Believe me, as someone who has lived in Italy this is one of the best pizzas I ever had. And it was £10 after conversion for 2 medium (large by UK standards) pizzas and 2 drinks. We also got to take home the pizza we had left over.

Cheap, great food, fast albeit a little blunt service. I recommend to everyone!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Perfect service, friendly personal, they have very good food, pizza is also very delicious and the bistro has a super view from the terasse.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

The location of this place is really nice, a balcony with views on the ski slopes so I ended up staying here for quite a while resting after all my hours walking in Plitvice Lakes National Park.

I pizza I had was a really good size and enjoyable, I ate most of it.

What I didn't understand was I was clearly finished with the pizza and it sat on the table for about 30 minutes after the meal with flies buzzing all over it, they didn't come and take it away, didn't ask me if I wanted a coffee or dessert or another drink, it was bad service.