“Too expensive for the food quality”
Review of Jardin

Jardin
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Preko
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant has a nice location. The waiter was also nice but not fully professional. We have asked several questions around the food and received very generic answers.
We have explicitely asked about calamari how they are prepared and what size are they. My wife does not like the large size of calamari and we have mentioned it to the waiter-he genericaly answered that they dont serve large sized calamari. When we received our starterts it was fine, but nothing special. The main course was again eatable-just my wife received what she mentioned several times that she doesn't like-the large calamari. She left it and after she has asked the same waiter what are in his deffinition large calamari-he staid tha large calamari do not fit on the plate.
We paid for 3 persons over 100 EUR and the experience was nothing more than average.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We are semi-frequent travelers to Preko, we love trying all the restaurants along the riva. Jardin is located at the very beginning of the riva with a pleasant setting and an overall pleasant dining experience, this time around most of us were satisfied, but my fiancé was unfortunately not..

Service overall was fantastic, the older male waiter and blonde female waiter were very helpful and swift - served with a smile and delivered delicious meals to our table.

At the beginning of our meal my fiancé realized that her chicken was completely raw (only seared, totally raw and pink in the centre) - needless to say this is completely unacceptable. I returned the plate to the blonde female waitress and explained that the chicken was raw, and she regretfully accepted it upon seeing it; and was very apologetic, however her colleague standing next to her decided to add a smart comment and she insisted that it wasn't ........... rude. This is the kind of stuff that really annoys me.

The plate was taken and no one came to ask if my fiancé would like to eat anything else, she wasn't even offered a glass of water for crying out loud. Not even an apology. Pathetic management.

As there were 10 of us dining we proceeded to share our meals to make sure she didn't miss out on dinner. I was firm in insisting that it was taken off the bill. Yuck!

The sad thing really is that the rest of the meals were absolutely delicious, had the situation been handled more professionally we'd probably be back many times during our trip. But after that, we'll be helping out other restaurant businesses in the area instead.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We visited Jardin to have lunch there, by the beach. He ordered pizza, I decided to try scampi risotto. My portion of risotto was a bit too big for me, but it was definitly delicious and I even managed to get a little meat out of scampi (they are ussualy so dry, you can't get any meat out).
The staff was quick and very friendly, place was clean as well as the toilets (!), which is rare in Preko.
The only thing that bothered me a bit, were kids, screaming at the table behind me.
Restaurant is definitly kids friendly. Check out my photos, you'll see why.
There's a Jaz beach there, a sand beach, which is perfect for the kids.
I definitly recommend this place!

2  Thank 2014Kat_GB
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Very satisfied! High quality food and experienced stuff! Number one 50 Nm around !!! (Family with 3 children). Advise to everyone!

1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Beautiful terrace with more stuning view. Perfect service and great food. Excellent wine choice. Best restaurant in Preko!

1  Thank Leon_Beusan