“Superb food - talented chef”

Le Marquis Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Delightful setting. Excellent menu and wine - food brilliantly cooked. Service was also excellent - but the owner/ front of house person was somewhat tardy with the bill - a shame really.
Overall quite superb.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We were warmly greeted by Rashid who was an excellent and very friendly waiter and seated in the beautiful and very comfortable outside dining area. We were immediately offered a pre-starter of figs and delicious presunto which the lady manager/owner carved from a nearby joint . The set menu had 2 courses for 25 euro and 3 courses for 31 euro, with about 5 or 6 options for starters, mains and desserts. The a la carte had some further dishes which were also reasonably priced. The wine list was fairly extensive, with an obvious concentration on Portuguese wines; the few wines that were offered by the glass were very good value at just €3.5. After an amuse bouche of vichyssoise and home smoked salmon served by our excellent and very friendly waiter Rashid, I had fresh pasta with shrimp followed by the filet of robalo and panna cotta as dessert. My wife had the goat's cheese, apple and beetroot salad to start with a main of pan seared with venere rice and veg . The food was absolutely delicious, well presented and expertly seasoned. A thoroughly enjoyable experience which we plan to repeat the next time we are anywhere nearby.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My family of 4 all had different fish dishes and every ones meal was outstanding.
From start to finish great service, fantastic food and superb ambience.
Fine food beautifully presented.
My advice would be miss a couple of mid priced restaurants save your money and have a truly memorable meal here instead.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Excelent!! I'm coming back! Friends told me this is the place to try. And yes I can recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We have visited here twice and on both occasions it has been top class. The food is freshly prepared and absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. The ambience of the restaurant inside and outside is just delightful. The owners and the staff couldn't be friendlier or nicer. Thank you Le Marquis for giving myself and our friends a truly wonderful experience.