Douro Scala
Casa d'Alem(Mesao Frio)(Great Value!)
US$71
Residencial Columbano(Peso Da Regua)
US$60
Hotel Regua Douro(Peso Da Regua)(Great Value!)
US$101
Imperio Hotel(Peso Da Regua)
US$55
US$49
US$165
US$160
  • Breakfast included
US$121
US$107
Douro Palace Hotel Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz do Douro)
US$104
US$101
Douro Marina Hotel & SPA(Resende)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$123
Orbitz.com
US$181
US$170
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkish bathspa areamain buildingrooms are niceenglish translationbreathtaking viewsswimming poolbedroomscalamountainsbathtubsaunavineyardsdouroflawspotentialroad
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

This is supposed to be 4 star but although it has great views the Spa is rubbish, the indoor pool is cold , the jacuzzi is pathetic and there are no staff around to show you how to work the steam room or sauna as it's switched off
Again for Brits and Americans there are no tea or coffee facilities in the room nor am iron so you have to use the hotel service
The bathrooms need a dam good clean as mould all around the door and also the bathroom is part of the room just partitioned off it's s bit weird!
Our room has a tv but programmed to Portuguese so no BBC world news or CNN!
Food was ok though but coffee at breakfast comes from a machine and was horrible!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent place to chill out with family. Staff is are very kind and helpful and facilities are great, including the spa area. Breathtaking views from the hotel to Douro vineyards. Had all meals at the hotel and it was simply amazing. The food is delicious! Excellent value for the price. I recommend Douro Scale, for sure.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel situated in a vineyard and close to the village Cidadelhe is well equipped and has a wonderful view. The service is maximum 3 star, which is a pity. The way to the next village or restaurant takes some time as the road is very curvy.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I can tell a lot of money has been spent on this hotel and all the fixtures and fittings were brand new and clean, but felt the effort was a bit misdirected in some ways.

When you're on holiday your hotel room doubles up as your living room and study - why make it your bathroom too by placing the shower and bath in the bedroom? As we were ground floor we needed to pull the curtains to maintain privacy. I didn't realise the shower being open on one side (no shower door and the open side faced the window) meant spray would soak the towel and fresh clothes I left on the side of the bath to put on afterwards. The spray was partly caused by there being no hook to hang the shower head so you had to hold it all the time and soap yourself with the other hand.

I hung my damp clothes and towels outside on our verandah to dry, not realising that the long reach of the rotating sprinklers on the grass would mean they actually got more thoroughly wet. I never used the bath due to its location although I would have liked to.

No bedside tables - essential in a hotel for my watch, torch, book, phone (doubling as an alarm), hanky, moisturiser; although there was a kind of srorage space behind the headboard.

Not over impressed in the restaurant. Firstly, we were only given two menus between four. When I asked for two more to speed up the time it would take to read them, I was told they only had two. Just did not believe that as we were the only ones in the restaurant at the time altho it got busy later. Later I thought that they must have misunderstood my question as there was a pile of menus. Does not explain why we had to share though.

My starter of baked goats cheese and walnuts in a filo parcel was very nice. The main course which came was not what I had ordered. They did cook another one - different, but also not what ordered. Problem resolved by a bilingual who found the English translation under the Portuguese menu was incorrect. I gave up at that point.

A shame as clearly a lot of money has been spent on the hotel..

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank StellaCaroline
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Perfect place to go on summer, relax and date!
The rooms have a bathtub inside and the views can take your breath away.
The breakfast and even its restaurant could be better. Nonetheless the surroundings have a lot of good restaurants to visit with amazing portuguese gastronomy.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple