Hotel Molyvos 1(Molyvos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$67
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$113
  • Breakfast included
US$103
Delfinia Hotel & Bungalows(Molyvos)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$65
bedfinder
US$77
US$36
US$41
Orbitz.com
Apartments & Studios Nadia(Molyvos)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$43
Agoda.com
Marianthi Toroz Rooms & Studios(Molyvos)(Great Value!)
US$34
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went here with my young son and parents for one week. the rooms were basic but comfortable enough. the staff and owners were the best I have ever come across. It was end of season and my child was the only one there, this seemed to give the staff and other guests freedom to spoil him rotten. he would go to the bar for a juice and return with his lunch made by the owner while she tried to teach him Greek. It was one of the most friendly and relaxing holidays we have ever had and the Greek people are among the friendliest in the world. The island is beautiful and the town of Molyvos has the most amazing little restaurants and waffle bars.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amelia950
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is the worst hotel I've ever been to and I have done many in my life. Don't be fooled by the pictures. The rooms are a joke, nothing has been changed since de 70's. Everything looks cheap. There was mold on our mattress and many bugs in the room because there was a big space letting them in at the bottom of the door. The cleaning was done quickly and poorly. On top of that, we had no hot water most of the time and the toilet made a terrible noise for thirty minutes each time we flushed it.

Ok. So all of that was terrible and on top of that, the people who worked at this hotel were not professional at all. They had no respect for customers, especially if you are a woman (that's called mysoginy I think..). This is what despised me the most about this place. When you pay for an hotel, even if it's not fist class, the least you can do is to have respect and to be kind to your customers. Unfortunately, this was not the case here.

So, for all this reasons, this is the worst hotel I've even been to and I would'nt recommend it to anyone, not even to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Myriam L
Reviewed 15 July 2014

After being overbooked in the Marianthi Paradise we were offered this hotel as an alternative and it turned out to be brilliant in every way.
The owners Stratos and Lefteris were the most hospitable you could ever wish for, they were very kind and attentive and went the extra mile to ensure the guests were well looked after.

The accommodation was great in all respects we had a great room with fab views and most seemed to be in nice situations. They we're modern following a recent refurb and were well cleaned and spacious. The pool was massive very clean and fantastic for swimming which we did every day, certainly one of the best we had experienced in Greece. The hotel has a small gym and spa which is a small charge to use and the food at the hotel bar was of a good standard and reasonable prices.

They hold a BBQ night every Saturday which was great and the food really good. They put on Greek entertainment which again was really good such that we went on both Saturdays of our holidays.

Can highly recommend this hotel and the staff and would certainly return at the first opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2012

After our wedding me and my wife were itching to get away somewhere so we booked a last minute deal to Molyvos. Knowing absolutely nothing about it other than it being on a greek island, we flew out a couple of days later.

After a really long transfer from the airport (about an hr and a half) ours was the last drop and first impressions weren't great. The room was really basic, set up as a twin room and because of the style of bed we were really able to put them together, the shower had no wall bracket, our view was of a tree and we couldn't get the air con to work. Not good.

Anyway after a chat with the owner and a beer by the pool, we'd relaxed a bit and got a bit of perspective on things - it was a damn cheap holiday after all - air con was now working and we ventured into town.

And wow, what an amazing place Moyvos town is. Fantastic restaurants, bars, bakeries, shops and the greek people are amongst some of the friendliest I've ever met - so, so nice.

The Marilena is by no means a luxury hotel but with Molyvos town on your doorstep the chances are you'll use it simply as a place to lay your head at night and for that it's absolutely fine.

Other pluses are a big pool, friendly staff, decent food (if you're spending a day poolside and fancy some lunch) and because it's pretty small, you'll probably make a few mates whilst you're there.

Would love to go back to Molyvos one day and whilst I wouldn't rush back to the Marilena I certainly wouldn't discount it if I was on a budget.

Room Tip: We were in an adjoining block but by all accounts the rooms above the restaurant and reception are best - they certainly had the best views.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dazmo30
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Having travelled to the island of Lesvos a lot (I am named after the beautiful town of Petra just down the road from Molyvos) I knew that the standard of hotels were high on the gorgeous unspoilt island. I was gutted we were not returning to Petra but was pleasantly surprised at how lovely Molyvos is, and the Marilena after reading such bad reviews.

Katarina and her family are extremely friendly and the staff all work incredibly hard, especially the man who cleaned the pool area every morning.

The pool is AMAZING. Probably the best on the island and great for families.

The walk down to the town is pleasant, you can see the castle which looks wonderful when it's lit up at night and it really only takes about 10-20 minutes to reach the centre. On the way back each night we did get a taxi however as the road was very dark and Greek drivers are a little crazy. But the taxi wasn't expensive at all and it's so easy to get one.

The town itself is beautiful, the harbour is lovely and there is so many restaurants and bars which stay lively all night. I would suggest travelling further up to find places to eat however as although the food was still delicious by the harbour it was quite expensive. But higher up the hill there are some great spots, especially the little restaurant in a small cobbled square. We went there twice in the last week - great food and drink and home of the best waiter in the world!

Don't take children to the Petrified Forest, it's so boring. But the rest of the island is worth exploring. I'd say Petra has better restaurants than Molyvos but the Marilena was definitely one of my favourite hotels I've ever stayed in.

If you want a relaxing, Greek holiday - this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family