Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel
Hotels.com
La Caretta(Alykanas)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsalykanas beachair conpool areagreek nightcosy cornerthomas cooknext yearfantastic locationplenty of sunbedsself cateringtop floorsea viewevening entertainmentgreat holidaybars and restaurantslovely tavernassituated right
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here back in May last year and cant complain about nothing we even got an amazing price, the hotel has everything you need including welcoming staff great location and ofcoure Zanta has lovely hot weather.The hotel is in the perfect location close to everything you need including a wide choice of restaurants to choose from.

We would love to go back here this year but unfortunately havent been able to find a cheap enough deal :-)

If your visting Zanta this is the hotel to stay in!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Roxy V
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed in August 2011 and the hotel was informed that this was our honeymoon (albeit with our children).
When we arrived the sour faced lady at reception was very short not friendly at all. We had just left an absolutely lovely, friendly hotel in Kalamaki and this was not what we expected at all!
At the end of the day, here you are just a number.
Dont expect to get any hot water between 6ock and 8ock in the evening. On our first night I was faced with boiling pans of hot water on the stove and boiling the kettle so I could bathe my children! and if you buy anything from the hotel or beach bar/restaurant take your safety deposit box contents with you! It is extortionate.
Just a little walk outside (not the cosy corner, unless you like cats and cat hair with your food) and it is a lot cheaper! We spent most of our time outside this hotel around the pool elsewhere and eating in smaller places.
Also, the air conditioning and safety deposit box is a rip-off. If you dont have the air conditioning and leave your glass doors open with just the slatted doors shut dont expect to sleep. The entertainment is far too loud and goes on far too late. At least if you have the air conditioning you can shut your doors for some sound proofing!
The only good thing I can say is that the rooms are clean & the cleaners do a superb job, not only in the rooms but also at the crack of dawn around the pool area.
Do not stay on the 3rd floor (although you get the better view) as there is no lift and with a buggy and a 2 & 5 year old its a nightmare.
The best thing about this hotel is its location - right on the beach. But if you are expecting a friendly hospitable establishment I wouldnt bother.
Its basically got too big for the finer friendlier things in life.

Room Tip: None that I can think of
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank G L
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I first went to Alykanas Beach when i was 12 and i've been going every year since. It's an amazing hotel in a perfect location. It's got the mixture between a very chilled out relaxing resort to a few bars for the young ones. The hotel is right on the beach, you can actually see the sea as your swimming in the pool. The hotel staff are friendly and are like one big family. They treat you like royalty and on the greek nights they get you all up dancing and dressing up, its a brilliant atmosphere. I would say the hotel is a family hotel although myself at 21 would go with my boyfriend for a lovely chilled out week away, even though i can be a party animal. The food there is also lovely but dont just stick to that because just up the village there are a number of beautiful resteraunts that do all kinds of food. Our trick is to ask if we can have a free bottle of wine befoew we go in there and eat. A little cheeky i know but it works and they dont mind if they get your custom. There are also horse and carts that take you up and down the strip, its lovely and romantic and only a couple of euro. If you are a youngish couple or have kids who are abit older and dont go to sleep early (like in their teens) there a number of bars where you can sit inside/outsie and have a few cocktails and theres really modern good music, yet this sint too loud and doesn effect the hotel in any way as the hotel is futher down away from the bars and resteruant so its lovely and quiet. I can be picky and now i've got older i'm going else where with my boyfriend but my mum/step dad and all their friends and young kids still go.....EVERY YEAR. and theres no doubt ill be going back soon. Great hotel, you cant fault it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank jessicalouise30
Reviewed 27 October 2011

As other reviews have said, and as you expect for the price, the accommodation was fairly basic but clean and offered all we needed. The location, however, is fantastic; the pool/ lounger area leads right onto the beach. We also liked how the apartments were in easy walking distance of the resort centres of both Alykanas and Alykes- gives you twice as many options for an evening out. The resorts themselves were fairly typical small-ish Greek resorts- plenty of good, cheap restaurants and bars to keep you busy. The only bad points I would mention are the dogs that seem to run around the accommodation all day which we weren't too keen on, the music from the pool bar does become annoying after a while too, though it had stopped by the time we got back each night so that wasn't a problem. I would certainly recommend the accommodation anyway.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank rm321
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed 2nd Oct 2011 for a last minute break. Fantastic location with good pool area leading right onto the beach - the sea was crystal clear and made for perfect swimming. Apartment was sparse but clean and adequate for what we wanted. Shower was stone cold for 1st 2 days but after we pointed this out twice it was attended to. Didn't use the bar or restaurant as it was completely dead due to it being the end of the season. The staff were a bit dour but I guess they must have been a bit tourist weary by then. All in all this holiday was great for us at the time but I would guess that the place is a lot livelier earlier in the season

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple