“Perfect location beside the beach with views of Kefalonia”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alykanas
Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Alykanas
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This was a last minute holiday booked with Thomas Cook and it turned out to be a fabulous holiday. We had checked out the reviews on tripadvisor (and Thomas Cook) and felt very confident that it was right for myself and my husband.

We arrived on 3rd May (the first day of the holiday season and we when we arrived there were only 4 other guests there. We asked for a room with a sea view and we were given room 334. It was a room overlooking the childrens playground and it had views of the sea to the right.
The room was bigger than expected, equipped with crockery and cutlery, etc for 3 people. We did not use the air con as we didnt need it, although we had fabulous weather and the temperatures reached 28 degrees and above each day. We did pay E20 for the safe for the week which was reasonable.

The Alykanas Beach boasts a beach side setting with views of the neighbouring island Kefalonia-just beautiful. The cabanas for drinks and meals were overlooking the beach- wonderful. The sea is gently shelving and is perfect for children as it seems to be the same shallow depth for metres. Perfect enough for us to want to go back with our grandson next year.

The aparthotel had a huge swimming pool- big enough for my husband to swim lengths each day. The first few days there was hardly anyone in the pool as there were so few guests. There was also a childrens pool which the hotel had kindly placed some bouncy toys in for the children to play with. It looked like there was a jacuzzi but I never saw anyone in it.

The bathroom was adequate, pretty basic as we would have expected. We did have to ask the staff to change the showerhead as it was broken, but this was replaced almost immediately.
The only negative thing to say about our stay was that the beds were very uncomfortable and hard. I woke up every few hours for the first 3 nights with pains in my back and shoulders. But to be fair by day 4 I had adjusted to them. ( By everyone elses reviews, perhaps they should change them.)

The maid cleaned our room and changed our towels daily- she was fabulous.

We ordered lunch a few times and the service was excellent and the food was good and reasonably priced. The bar staff/waiters were friendly and efficient. Although we mainly ate out as we were self catering.

A few minutes walk there were tavernas and bars- and the horse and cart to ride on should you wish.

We hired a car for a couple of days and travelled around the island. We visited the Navagio beach ( shipwreck cove) from the road and the views were stunning. The viewing platform was excellent for taking photographs of the cove. From there we called at Port of St Nikolas. This was just idyllic and by far my favourite place on the island. It was totally how I imagined Greece, clear turquoise seas and boats bobbing on the water. St Nikolas is the place were you can take boat trips to the Blue Caves. We were asked if we would like to see them for E5 each and we jumped at the chance. It was totally unplanned, but we had our swimming gear in the car so we thought why not. We had travelled with 2 friends that we had made at the resort and the boat trip was just the four of us. We opted for the glass bottomed boat at no extra charge. we went with 'KARDIS' located as soon as you drive into the port. Ouir guide was brilliant and informative. We stopped for a swim after viewing the caves (which were very interesting). We would defiantely recoomend this company.

We also drived to Keri at the far south of the island and enjoyed fresh orange juices in the village. the locals were very friendly. A complimentary Ouzo before we carried on was very welcome.

We ate a numerous tavernas/restaurants, but the following can be recommended-
- The Paradosiako at Alykes located on the riverside walk between Alykanas and Alykes. Fabulous meal.
-Hotel Valais- on Alykanas beach-fabulous food overlooking the beach with wonderful staff.
-Benikos Taverna in Tsilivi- lovely food and fun waiters.
- At Bohali overlooking Zante town we ate at a restaurant/taverna with the most amazing views of Zante town. Unfortunately, I cannot remember its name.

I think Alykanas Beach was perfect for us at the start of the season as it was so quiet. The location is perfect and the staff very polite and friendly. We would definately recommend this beachside Aparthotel.

Enjoy and have fun.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view- why not?
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
20  Thank LadyBDerbyshire
There are newer reviews for Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Have been here for the past 3 years and sadly can't book it anymore from Ireland. I can't even book it from the U.K. Its such a fantastic place to go to with the children. Why can't we book it again. I would have travelled to the U.K to get there but was not even given a valid reason. Imagine people from the U.K not alllowed to book something through an Irish company and been refused. It does not bear thinking about. so much for a free Europe. I would like to have a valid response from Thompson as to why we can't book this Hotel. They told us we needed a U.K postal address to be entitled to go to the beach hotel. All I can say is shame on you Thompson and stop discriminating

Room Tip: I would advise any person from Ireland to boycot Thompson. They bare a disgrace
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank poepje
Reviewed 27 March 2012

went to alykanas beach in june 2010 and enjoyed it very much.Lovely pool and bar area although rooms are basic still clean with everything you need.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank abbiegeorgina
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and have never had a problem with anything. Location is excellent, right on the beach and has a lovely pool.
Staff always pleasent and food lovely and good prices.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking bar can be a little noisy at night if you have young children trying to sleep
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank jackie c
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed with my family in September 2011. The hotel is a good size, the staff were friendly and it was clean.

The hotel had entertainment pretty much every night and the staff could not do enough for us.

If I were to complain about anything it would be that the air con was at an extra cost, but if u are staying for 2 weeks, pay for one week and they will prob forget to turn it off!!

The hotel is a short walk from loads of restaurants, shops etc. we found lots of nice places to eat including the cosy corner which is all English. But then there was an Indian/Chinese all in one. The pharmacy is only 10 minute walk.

I could say lots more positives. But I would sum it up by saying that I, my fiancé, 2 sons, mother, sister, brother in law and niece all had a wonderful holiday and would rip your arm off for a chance to return

• Stayed: September 2011
11  Thank Ashpearce694
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alykanas
0.4 km away
15.4 km away
Venus Hotel & Suites
Venus Hotel & Suites
#1 of 30 in Kalamaki

Been to Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel? Share your experiences!