“Excellent and growing collection of works from Cretan and Greek artists!”
Review of Callista

Callista
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Kalyves
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come visit Callista for a great selection of unique candles and gifts, handcrafted items, souvenirs and original work from Greek artisans.
Reviewed 31 October 2017

A fantastic collection of artworks from Cretan and Greek artist! New works are being presented all the time, and the owners are constantly searching for new artists to include in their collection. Not the typical mass tourist stuff, but genuine unique artworks from local artists, at very reasonable prices. And a pleasure to be chatting with the owners. A gem for Kalyves!

1  Thank Danny T

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Found this really unique gift shop open only this year . Bought some lovely gifts and gift wrapped . Owner very interesting to talk to and very helpful . There is a gift for every occasion . Reasonably priced . Lots of locally made gifts .

1  Thank Ann F
Gianni_Callista, Owner at Callista, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for your kind words! Always a pleasure to meet nice people who enjoy their time and the gifts we have at our little shop. :)

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Callista offers some of the most unique and lovely gifts from local Greek artisans. What a breath of fresh air from your typical "touristy" shops. There is a wide selection for both locals and travelers looking for something exceptional. Callista truly exceeded my expectations in every way! The owners have done a superb job really standing out in the crowd. I will be back for that Goat pillow! Oh and everyone is raving about their beautiful bags!!

1  Thank Jess E
Gianni_Callista, Owner at Callista, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for your kind review...we hope you enjoyed your stay on Crete and are happy that you enjoyed our selection of gifts. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I visited here after seeing a shared post on facebook. I live in the area but am leaving after 6 years and wanted something different to have in my new home in France. They have a range of unique pieces but I was drawn to their 'Doors of Crete' prints by a Lithuanian artist. It was lovely to have the owner share the story of how the art work transpired and the inspiration behind them, but also to hear how they want to develop the shop over time and the philosophy behind 'Callista'. A 'must visit' shop in Kalives for both locals and those visiting the area. Thank you and 'Doors of Crete' will soon be adorning our new home in France.

2  Thank Helen635
Gianni_Callista, Owner at Callista, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you for your visit to Callista. I am glad you enjoyed your experience in our little shop. It was a pleasure chatting with you and I forwarded your review to the artist who created the "Doors of Crete" - he was very happy! Enjoy your new home in France and I hope to see you again on vacation here sometime...

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved this unique store, makes a nice change from the "typical" and "tacky" holiday gifts and homeware that you find in most generic stores scattered across various destinations, the staff were absolutely wonderful and friendly which assisted with everything I needed help with.

The variety of things to buy was lovely, from quaint tea cups, beautiful smelling candles and handmade gifts, the choice was excellent, all my gifts bought in Kalyves was from this store, simply due to the quality and uniqueness of every single object in the store.

I loved everything that much I struggled to give the gifts away to friends and family as I wanted everything myself.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

(They even wrap everything in quirky paper wrapping and bags)

Will definitely be returning and telling my friends and family to have a look when they visit!

Thank you for providing something that the village desperately needed!!

See you very soon!

1  Thank Joe T
Management response:Responded 29 June 2017

Thank you very much for your review - we are super happy that you enjoyed your experience at our little shop! We look forward to seeing you again. :)