“Place for Greek food lovers”

Gerekos Fish Taverna
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Kontokali
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Super tasty food! Best octopus, shrimp, calamari and fish eggs in the island. Nice place, local feeling, good service.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

When we visit the area we always visit Gerekos on more than one occasion, staff are lovely and friendly, each time you go Christoff remembers what you had on your previous visit and offers a different fish each time. You are invited into the back of the restaurant to have a look at the fish you wish to eat, although I personally would trust their judgement. Very reasonably priced and such lovely people. Will definitely return and if you are visiting the area please give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Close to the marina, in the village which is really a single road with tavernas and bars, we found a family run fish restaurant. Besides some classic starters, this place is focused on fresh loot from the sea. We had a delicious 1.5 kg sea bass which was superbly seasoned and grilled to perfection.

What I will be sure to remember is the amazing house Taziki which blew all competition and there’s a lot of competition! Lots of garlic and a thinly sliced carrot made us keep ordering more and more throughout the meal.

If you’re very hungry, take into consideration that a large fish takes time to prepare. We waited an hour for the fish to be served. Nevertheless, in Greece time is not of essence. So relax and enjoy the atmosphere ;)

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I have been traveling through whole Corfu island and I can definitely say that Gerekos fish taverna is the best taverna on the island- and not only here. I love fresh fishes ( some touristic places try's to sell "non fresh " fish to the tourist which always makes me crazy because I understand what is fresh and what not ). The best about this taverna is that you can actually go to the kitchen to see what they have and choose it. Gerekos taverna has long tradition and whole family is working there.
I highly recommend this place!!!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Great food, super friendly.
Fresh sea food and fish, they let you walk into the kitchen and pick select your fish, clams, etc.