Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
Hotel Telesilla(Kontokali)
US$70
US$68
Hotels.com
Spiti Prifti Apartments(Gouvia)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$38
Louvre Hotel(Gouvia)(Great Value!)
US$28
  • Pool
Molfetta Beach Hotel(Gouvia)(Great Value!)
US$62
Iliada Beach Hotel(Gouvia)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$55
  • Breakfast included
1,593 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantcorfu townkontokali bay resortprivate beachgarden viewhalf boardbeach barindoor poolfive star hotelbreakfast and dinnerwonderful hotelwater sportsgreat facilitiesat lunchtimesea watercourtesy bussandy beaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I already made a review in July 2011, because we had again spent two wonderful weeks in this hotel. Can you make a better compliment than coming back again in September this year, which we did and again it was a perfect stay for us. Having been there many times we are always glad to see all those kind staff members again and to enjoy the wonderful hospitality of the people there. The Kontokali Hotel is already and will certainly remain to be our favourite place for vacations at the beaches of the Mediterranean Sea.
I also recommend not to stay at the hotel only, but to rent a car and visit some of the beautiful places or beaches of the island, like Paleokastritsas and many others. The staff members and especially Miss Nelly van Zoest at the Guest Relations Desk will certainly help you with all information you might need.
There is only one problem which I always have when we stayed at the Kontokali Hotel: I always add between 2 and 3 kilos of weight, which shows that the quality of the food must obviously be very good!!!Contrary to many other hotels, the General Manager Mr.Margonis is making his tours through the hotel and restaurants regularly, to stay in contact with guests and staff members and to get useful information what happens and what can be improved.

I can't add a lot after my review of July 24th and this one above. We are looking forward already to summer 2012 and will certainly come back again to this place.

Room Tip: Bungalows are located in the beautiful garden area, but we prefer a room on a higher floor in the main building due to the very nice view of the whole bay.
3  Thank Nobby004
Alex M, General Manager at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

“Dear Nobby004,

Thank you very much indeed for your frank and candid comments posted on Tripadvisor. It is always nice to receive positive comments about our services and facilities, but more important for the friendliness of our personnel, especially from a repeat guest like you.

What makes our resort unique is the “recognition and pampering” we extend to our guests and we are able to do this only through our capable team, that is the ‘center’ of our culture.
Also, what makes Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa different is that we have the right people with the proper skills in place for the job who provide outstanding service.

Our on property employees are a product of a long history of developing a winning culture. The high percentage of repeat guests we have at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa is because of our personnel, which is the ‘heart and soul’ of our values and it has been cultivated over decades.

We are delighted to hear you had a lovely time “again” with us and it was a pleasure to have looked after you.

Thank you once more for your positive comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday and we look forward to welcoming back next spring.”

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I've never thought, that my vacation with the one-year-old child would be such quiet and happy. Everything was joyful: our bungalow was a few steps away from the sea and far enough from the tavern (evening entertainments were heard as low music, not preventing the child to fall asleep), the warm sea, a good sand beach and the soft sun. The stuff is very pleasant and helpful, restaurant meet you as the best friend. The remarkable cuisine for adults and children. Special thanks for children's stools on wheels at restaurant and a playground with a small pool and a slide. We’ll miss Kontokaly till next year!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank olga g

“Dear Olga g,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent holiday with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you found our facilities and services joyful and our staff very pleasant and friendly. We want our guest to experience many different things which can be retained as a pleasant memory to be recounted amongst friends and family when they stay with us. We are glad we were able to meet your expectations.

It makes us particularly happy when our guests with children have a relaxing holiday and just to emphasize how important the children are to us, as of next year we will have a separate dinner-buffet area just for out little guests.

Thank you once again for your positive review. We wish you many happy holidays with your family and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa next summer.”

Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I visited KB in September. The location of the resort is great, 15 mins from the airport. When we checked in we had an old room and it was of a pretty poor standard, it smelled, was dark and dingy. After a bit of complaining and calling our rep, we eventually got moved to a 'new' room in the building where the lobby is. After putting us in a room which was already occupied on the first move, we ended up with a sea-view room, which was spectacular. If we hadn't been moved I would have given this place 3 stars only. We had full-board, the breakfasts were very plentiful and so was dinner. We got a bit fed up with the repetitiveness of the food and there was little vegetarian options for my hubbie who doesn't like veggies!! don't ask! The best things about this place is the sea - simply perfect! The drinks are very expensive but there was a supermarket up the road, where we stocked up on neccessities. Overall, we had a very relaxing time, just what we wanted and I would go there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Alex M, General Manager at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

“Dear Sab_Raj,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor site, and I have noted all your comments to take them under consideration and see where we can improve (facilities).

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and any comments that help us maintain the high standards for which Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa is known are warmly welcomed.

Once more, I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience(s). I also hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa in the future and please do contact me directly when you would like to spend another holiday with us to ensure that your reservation is taken care of.”

Reviewed 23 October 2011

After getting married in October 2010, we spent a year saving for the perfect honeymoon. Kontokali did not disappoint!
We arrived early hours and were greeted by a friendly receptionist, and a gentleman who took our cases up to our room. On first impression, the room seemed quite basic for a 5* hotel, but on reflection I think that is more the Greek style. A plush room with decorative cushions and mod cons would not have been inkeeping with the beautiful natural surroundings. And the view.... WOW! Overlooking a little island (the name escapes me) and the main hotel beach, it really took our breath away.
One of the highlights of the week was the breakfast. Everything you can imagine, from pastries to Full English to local fruits and breads... Tom's favourite was the omelette freshly cooked in front of you in 2 minutes, whereas I loved the Greek yoghurt and local honey. Yum!
We loved relaxing on the beach with towels provided by the hotel, and the water was beautiful. The pool is a stunning feature, and a perfect length for a proper swim if you fancy working off that breakfast!
The jacuzzi, steam room and indoor swimming pool are all free features in the Spa, although we did find the treatments to be slightly out of our price range which was a shame as they had so many to choose from! We also used the tennis courts when the temperature dropped slightly early evening, which were in very good condition and in peaceful surroundings.
We ate in the A la carte restaurant courtesy of Olympic holidays (honeymoon offer) which was defintely a 5* experience. Some of the most beautifully presented and tasty food I have ever seen, and although we ate through a thunderstorm, our waiter (the restaurant manager) kept us entertained and topped up on wine!
We would thoroughly recommend the Greek Night, during which a slightly crazed and very agile Greek man leaps about all over the place to live music then invites everyone up on stage to get involved, which we did and loved!
We took the bus into Corfu town one day, which we would definitely recommend, as they have lovely local craft shops and cafes around the Old Town, although we did find that the prices shot up compared to Kontokali and Gouvia. We walked into Gouvia most evenings, which took around 30 minutes at a leisurely pace. The harbour is pretty, and we enjoyed some fabulous local food at a variety of restaurants. Very good value. We were well looked after by the owner of the 02 bar, who even let Tom watch half of an English football game even though the bar was packed with Greeks eager to watch a local match! A very friendly and chilled out bar.
We have previously stayed at a 5* hotel in London, and we were made to feel unwelcome and unworthy of such accomodation (perhaps because of our young age?), so we were slightly apprehensive about the same thing happening on this trip. We needn't have worried. In fact, the staff were the most pleasant, professional and friendly I have ever experienced; from the front desk to the breakfast staff to the barmen... We felt as if they would go out of their way to help in anyway they could and we would like to express our deepest gratitude to the front desk manager (I'm so annoyed that I can't think of his name - he had glasses?) who arranged for us to have a room on our final day free of charge to allow us to change for a photoshoot we had around the hotel in our wedding outfits. This made our last day relaxing and enjoyable before what turned out to be a nightmare journey home (long story).
Overall we felt as though we got away to our own little paradise for a week, which was exactly what we needed. We would highly recommend the hotel for couples, although they did cater well for families, with a games room next to the beach bar.
Thanks again to all the staff who made it special!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms extra special for views, especially sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Alex M, General Manager at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

“Dear HelenTom28,

Congratulations on discovering us at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa! We are delighted to know that we manage to meet your expectations and enhanced your honeymoon-holiday with pleasant memories.

Having read and responded to so many reviews, I find your review very spontaneous, bursting with pleasant memories and that pleases us immensely. We feel particularly proud that we managed to make another “couple - guest” feel very special and also that they associated their honeymoon and happiness with our resort and Corfu.

Thank you for praising our property (facilities and services), but far more important for praising our most precious commodity “our personnel”. By the way, the name of the little island across the bay is “Lazaretto” and the gentleman with the glasses at the reception is “George”. I will certainly make sure to pass on your kind words and I am sure that your comments /review would make them feel proud that their hard work and dedication is appreciated and that it’s a great reward and motivator.

Thank you once more for your gracious feedback. We wish you much happiness with your marriage and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and I will gladly assist you with your future reservations.”

Reviewed 13 October 2011

There really is nothing anyone can fault at the Kontokali Bay Resort.

The surroundings are meticulously kept, the public areas clean and a pleasure to be in, the rooms comfortable and the staff attentive and helpful.

We booked on a bed and breakfast basis, which had the widest choice of breakfast of any hotel we have stayed in before (I mean, even low fat options!). We had dinner at the al la carte restaurant and at the evening buffet a few times during our stay all of which were a tasty, pleasant experience.

My husband and I never return to the same destination, let alone the same hotel as we like to experience new places, but given the relaxing, chilled out time we had we would definitely consider a return visit to the Kontokali Bay Resort & Spa and would recommend that you do too, if you are looking for a truly relaxing break.

1  Thank Shetlander
Alex M, General Manager at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

“Dear Shetlander,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Kontokali Bay Resort & Spa and for your superb review posted on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that we manage to exceed your expectation. I also thank you for what I consider perhaps the best well-written review/comments about our property. You have been kind enough to point out the many little touches that our guests seem to appreciate and we are indeed very grateful for it.

We do hope to see you back in the future and I would ask that you contact me directly at manager@kontokalibay.gr when you decide to spend another holiday in Corfu, so that I can personally take care your reservation.”