1,905 results
All reviews a la carte restaurant corfu town kontokali bay resort bay view room private beach half board indoor pool beach bar five star hotel breakfast and dinner free towels wonderful hotel bed and breakfast basis water sports great facilities at lunchtime sea water
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I loved this hotel and everything about it, from start to finish. The private transfer took 20 minutes from Corfu airport. I was given a room with a garden view, apart from the hotel itself. This suited me well and I had a lovely patio area which felt very private.
The room itself was huge, I had a large room with the bed and bi-fold doors through to a smaller room with sofa and coffee table, which then had French windows out to the patio. Every aspect of the hotel complex oozed luxury, the beaches were clean, the sunbeds were plenty and the cocktails were divine!
As a solo female traveller, I felt very safe and the free coach trip to Corfu Old town was a bonus.
The spa facility was lovely but did get booked up; I only managed one visit during my stay.
Personally I found the dining room to be a bit too busy and as a solo traveller, I often struggled to find a table for breakfast. After dining there the first night, I opted for the a la carte restaurant or a local taverna for the rest of my stay, much more comfortable!
This was the perfect location for my needs at the time and hopefully if you go, you will enjoy it as much as I did. I would have no hesitation recommending the Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa,

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
9  Thank Scorpio21
Reviewed 4 December 2017

One of our favourite hotels in Greece. Apart from the always excellent location and impeccable friendly service, Kontokali seems to evolve year by year in all aspects with additions from the great food on offer, wines, room service, entertainment and decor. Sipping an evening spritz by the impressive pool over the bay is priceless... Well done and keep impressing us!

Room Tip: Anything with a view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tripdreamer1975
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks in August in a 2 bedroom
Suite. The hotel is superbly appointed with a stylish lobby and bar areas, sumptuous rooms and a very clean private beach.
The breakfast buffet was fantastic and the A la Carte terrace restaurant serves great food in a gorgeous setting.
The beach had plenty of sun beds and the beach buffet is good
There was a full calendar of evening events which were surprisingly sparsely attended which supports my headline that the hotel is best for couples and young families. Our 14 and 12 year olds just needed more organised beach activities - the regular stretch class only lasted 10 minutes and was not enough for any of us and served only to drive customers to the Spa -which is very nice but you expect a bit more activity in a 5 star hotel.
It’s well worth taking a 10 minute ride to Corfu town for the many great restaurants and there are also a couple within walking distance.
The marina is well worth walking to as well. Fans of the Durrells can see the house used in the series next to the hotel.

All in all a great hotel with wonderful cuisine -apart from the evening buffet which is just average but with so many great local restaurants it’s not a problem.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Andrew W
Gerry T, Manager at Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Andrew,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback on tripadvisor. It has been a pleasure to read that you and your lovely family enjoyed much our hotel facilities and services and mostly our beach, breakfast and fine dining venue Asterias.
We certainly have plenty of choice for our guests in terms of dining and live evening entertainment and especially for next season we are adding a new by-the-sea restaurant open for lunch and dinner, where guests will be able to enjoy typical Greek mezes and main courses listening to the live bands performing at the nearby stage.
It is true that more active teenagers will not find much to do inside the hotel premises (apart from watersports and... our free internet of course) but being close to Gouvia and Corfu Town add to their experience with the wealth of evening and nightlife on offer.
Once again and on behalf of all the team thank you for your great feedback and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future for another great holiday at Kontokali Bay Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Very friendly staff, very nice beach with free beach chairs and towels. Hotel rooms could be more comfortable with more hangers, greater service with room service at all hours and not only for breakfast. Spa area was very nice and massage was the best ever tried.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank majken20172017

Dear Majken,
On behalf of all the team here at Kontokali Bay, I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback, especially for your comments on our team's friendly and good service.
Taking into consideration comments like yours on room service, starting from season 2018 we are expanding our room service offerings to all-day hot snacks and bites, in addition to breakfast.
Your praises towards the Spa team on the "best ever" massage will be passed on with delight and we are all looking forward to seeing you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Room was clean and nice. Service was excellent, specially at the restaurant. The food had a great variety - different food was served every evening (food from different cultures). Beach was nice, clean and no rocks.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are stunning.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family