“Nice hotel...”
Review of Golden Sand Hotel

Golden Sand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Karfas
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The sea is beautiful, very clean but very shallow though. You need to walk nearly 700m towards the sea, to reach deeper areas. The service and the hotel is good, not comparable to Turkey but good one in Europe standards. The wi-fi is terrible, you can think of there is no wifi in the hotel. Parking is available. Food and pool was ok. Not a huge pool but enough size. Our room had a very nice sea view. Ask for sea view...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I spent a week in July 2017 in the beautiful Chios with my family.
We chose this hotel mostly because of the location and I think we made a good choice; it is not far from the airport and from many places worth visiting in the island.
And if you don't want to go anywhere, you are a very short walk away from a pretty sandy beach (one of the few sandy beaches in the islands as well!).
The air con works well and makes sleeping easy, there are also excellent shutters if you need darkness to sleep well (I do!).
We had some very noisy neighbours for a couple of nights but luckily they left after 2 nights. I always recommend ear plugs anyway, wherever you go.
There is WiFi but it is not so reliable, so if it is very important for you keep it in mind. I used mobile data when I needed to connect to the internet.
We had a buffet-style breakfast and dinner.
I personally enjoyed breakfast a lot and found that there was a big variety of food.
Dinner was not so varied maybe but the quality was good. I stayed in hotels which offered more in terms of quantity but less in terms of quality.
Our rooms had lovely view on the sea, with pretty balconies. I think it's worth asking for rooms with view, it makes a big difference.
The staff was excellent. Always friendly and willing to help. I asked a lot of questions every day to waiters and receptionists about the island and things to explore and they gave me a lot of tips. If I have a chance to go to Chios again I will surely choose this hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend a room with view on the sea. The WiFi signal is not so strong so a lower floor close to...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

This hotel is old. But not like bad old. It is like aged beautifully and elegantly old.

Clean rooms, good service. The breakfast staff were overwhelmed on busy days though, but still, it is great to feel like Fransisco Scaramanga, walking down the pool side of this hotel.

Location is great too.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ICS-PR
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Hotel is ok. I was here 10 years ago for a different event and this seemed to be the "it" hotel. Well much like the time, the status of this hotel seems to have remained in the past. It could definitely use some modern upgrades as some newer and more developed hotels have opened in the area to compete. I just wish I knew about the other hotels. But for the budget and the amount of time I stayed this was just as fine as well.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christina T
Reviewed 30 December 2016

If you plan to visit Chios for a few days, this hotel will serve you well. It's location is not far away from the main town of Island Chios. Just located on Golden Beach in Karfas one of the best beaches in island.

Rooms decorations are a little bit older and beds must be changed immediately as they are not comfortable to sleep. Breakfast could be much better for a hotel in island.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karfas
0.4 km away
5.8 km away
Sea Breeze Hotel Apartments
Sea Breeze Hotel Apartments
#1 of 1 in Agios Emilianos

Been to Golden Sand Hotel? Share your experiences!