Mayor La Grotta Verde Grand Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Pink Palace(Agios Gordios)
US$65
US$44
  • Breakfast included
Romantic Palace Hotel(Agios Gordios)
  • Beachfront
Aphrodite Apartments(Agios Gordios)
TripAdvisor
Villa Mary Apartments(Agios Gordios)
  • Pool
Sensimar Agios Gordios(Agios Gordios)
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Mazis Apartments(Agios Gordios)
Aloha Hotel(Agios Gordios)
2,443 results
All reviewsbeach bartunnel barlemon treeperla restaurantcorfu townmain restaurantla grottaplunge poolroof terracelocal villagebuffet restaurantsea viewevening entertainmentrelaxing holidaythomson repagios gordios beach hotelgolf buggies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and I booked a week at this hotel in mid May- we were after a relaxing week away, hopefully with some sunshine, and we came away having enjoyed exactly that !!!
First impressions as we arrived were slightly disapointing- two hour wait for a 3pm check in, 40 minute wait for a porter to collect our luggage and take us to the room - advised that it would be difficult for us to find !!! Credit where it is due, we wouldnt have found our room- we had received an upgrade to a very well proportioned suite, with large living area and decent sized bedroom, in well established gardens with a view of some sea. Our initial deflation wa now re-inflated!!
The hotel is very clean, the beach is small, with free loungers and parasols and is the first beach I have enjoyed in years! a small beach bar served all inc drinks through the day, so we never ventured to the pool area after the first day.
Be aware that there are a lot of stairs to climb and that the access road in and out of the hotel is a bit of a climb, but that is the price you pay for such a picturesque setting- we certainly didnt complain, but it is worth bearing in mind if you upgrade to a bungalow that you will have a steep climb (only 100M or so).
The food is buffet style, of reasonable standard, but in my opinion, less variety than many All Inc hotels we have stayed in and a lot of similar dishes were offered on numerous ocasions through the week. I understand that given the state of the Greek economy and the relatively inexpensive cost of the holiday the reasons for this and would recommend anybody looking to holiday here to consider a couple of evening meals out to break the monotony (Linda's on the high street served a good value meal and was very pleasant) The waiters and waitresses were chiefly Eastern European, poorly trained, lacking direction but very pleasant. The presence of a Restaurant manager was lacking and a little more understanding of etiquette would improve things somewhat. It was notable during our stay that the staff attending to the outdoor dining area were more attentive (the view of the sunset from here when dining is stunning!)
The bar options in the evening were not particularly enticing- pool bar we didnt visit during the evening, but seemed to be very quiet and not particularly comfortable for an evening visit.The main problem with this hotel in my opinion was the fact that the lobby bar was simply not large enough, nor well staffed enough to cope with the demands of a half full (at best) hotel's guests. The usual poor quality, short measured drinks were served after a 5-10 minute wait, seating was insufficient to cope with the number of guests and the evening entertainment was quite simply dreadful (bar a talented pianist one evening and a hilarious rendition of 'Satisfaction' by a karaoke contestant) Again, economic circumstances do go some way to explaining the 'rationing' of drinks and shorty staffing levels,and the hotel would never have been built with the intention of a captive audience every evening, but given the hotel's claim to be of a high standard, I was disappointed. We spent three nights away from the hotel, and would thoroughly recommend 'Robins Nest' in the village for a hilarious night out and Kalimera serving great coffees.
We will return to this resort next year- an absolute first for us, we love the fact that the village is relatively unspoilt, the scenery, the beach, and the locals were all fantastic. We will probably book a villa, but wouldnt discount returning to the Aquis, but would do that on the basis that w would still need to take a couple of hundred pounds spendng money to enjoy some 'escapism'

Room Tip: Bungalows/suites in the gardens are a great space but do require you to like a good hike !!
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed here at the end of May 2012, with two girlfriends. Hotel clean and tidy and views amazing.

Food bland to poor...no more than a canteen, a busy one at that...revolting wine....bars often unmanned??...with jugs of childrens orange squash left on bar, hardly creating an 'adults only' chill trip!

Tea and coffee facilities in room but do not supply tea coffee milk etc!

Terrible AI, in fact worst one any of us had been to.

Local village small and quiet with a good selection on greek food (unlike the hotel)..if walking the road, Stephens on the Hill restaurant is great for food drinks and amazing sunset views.

Would I go again? ..Corfu yes absolutely....this hotel only if it was free and food wasnt included!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nyl
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The location and no children was what sold this hotel to me, stayed here for last 2 weeks in May.
Nice pleasant rooms, lovely pool area with lots of sunbeds. 4 bars to choose from (lobby bar was always short staffed and there were always long queus). drinks were average tasted worse and tasted bettter.
For the first week the food was excellent, breakfasts were always good, lunch and evening meal was also very good with lots of choice. sadly the 2nd week things changed, breakfasts were still very god but they introduced a 'light lunch', out went half of the hot trays, half of the salads also disappeared and they introduced these 'wraps', out went the cakes and we were given a choice of jellies, mouse, ice-cream and sometimes cut up fruit in a big bowl, when we asked why we were told "people don't want a heavy lunch", sorry but I will choose for myself wether I have a light or heavy lunch what have I paid my all-inclusive for. The evening meal also deteriorated, the hot selection was overdone, not as much choice of meats and the vgetables and potatoes, well what can I say!. If you are a pasta and spaghetti lover you are in heaven.
If it wasn't for the food I would of give this hotel a 5 rating but sadly won't be going back.

1  Thank Jack43
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We spent May half-term at this hotel. The hotel is in a lovely position with great sea views. The rooms are quite large and our room had recently been refurbished to a high standard. The large bed was quite hard but surprisingly comfortable. The hotel and pool area were kept very clean. There were plenty of sun loungers. The staff were very friendly and helpful. A pleasant 10 minutes walk from the hotel either along the beach or via the road was the village of Agios Gordios - a handful of shops, mainly supermarkets, a few tavernas and a few other shops. Very quiet and lovely for a break from the hotel itself with its laid back atmosphere. The hotel has three bars with wonderful sunsets to be seen from the roof bar. The food was ok but not altogether my choice. We have had better in an AI hotel. Having said that there was nothing really wrong with it, just quite repetitive and somewhat bland. Beware if like me you only drink decaffeinated coffee - it's not included in AI and they charge 2 euros for a cup! All in all we had a very enjoyable, restful week. Would we go back - probably not though I would like to see some more of Corfu.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JPC09
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one week beginning the 11th May.

Firstly I would like to say that if you do not wish to wear long trousers for the evening meal, then rent a villa or go to three star or less accommodation. It is a requirement in a four star establishment, and I, for one, do not wish to see a vast assortment of male hairy legs at our evening meal.

So to anyone who moans about dress code, just go self catering and then you cannot whinge.

Our hotel room was lovely, refurbished, flat screen television and very clean with wonderful view.

The service in the restaurant was good, plates removed quickly. The food was adequate.

The entertainment, well we did not see any except for the Greek Night which was surprisingly very, very good. More needs to done on the entertainment front, failing that maybe a shuttle bus down to village there an back of an evening.
The animation team (Mickey and Hectore - sorry if I have got Hectore's name wrong) try very hard and the Killer Darts is great fun.

The hotel is situated at the top of a hill, which if you walk up and down once a day to the village, you will come home quite fit. We used to walk down the hill to the village and when coming back, we went along the beach.

There is a bar called Mike's bar which is owned by Sue (from England) and Mike (Greek) which is worth a pop into.

A couple of complaints, the orange juice is the most horrible, reconstituted orange cordial, and this is the stuff you get at breakfast and in the cocktails. Not much alcohol in the drinks, but on the plus side, you will never get a headache.

Would prefer to see more Greeks employed amongst the staff. Seems to be the same everywhere nowadays.

Everyone was very friendly and we made lots of holiday friends, I put this down to everyone being at the top of very steep hill and being A1!!!!!

Would not rate the hotel as a Platinum hotel, but the location is stunning and so I can forgive a lot of faults for that alone. We did enjoy the holiday and maybe would return.

3  Thank Rosie1011