“Amazing Holiday Beautiful Location”

Mayor La Grotta Verde Grand Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Agios Gordios
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I travelled alone for the 1st time after my divorce and cannot recommend this Hotel enough The staff were extreemly helpful and nothing was too much trouble The room was beautiful overlooking the sea and the food was exceptional The position of the hotel is fantastic with magnificent sunsets.The all inclusive option was excellent and there was no need to spend a penny with no hidden extras.The entertainment was wonderful and there were theme nights when the staff would decorate the hotel accordingly I did enjoy the fact that it was adults only and all the guests were friendly but not intrusive It is a quiet peaceful location but you can catch a bus to Corfu Town in the village(around 15mins walk away)which costs 2 Euros each way.A truly memorable holiday I will be returning next year.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank FreeSpiritBolton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,441)

Reviewed 19 May 2010

Just arrived back from a 2 week stay at this hotel.

Went with spouse and friends ( late 40's - late 50's )

For our friends it was their first experience of of an all inclusive holiday and thery are amazed how this hotel is providing such accomodation, service, food and beverages at he prices charged.

This hotel appears to deliver on it's advertised services in the manner you would wish to expect.

I am sure I can find a fault, if I wish, in all aspects. someone was served before me in the bar ( that happens but the barstaff made a lot of efforts to ensure that was uncommon ) I didn't have milk left for my morning coffee ( matter resolved by reception directly ) I had a warm beef stroganoff one evening ( perhaps I should have waited 2 minutes for the new hot replacement tray rather than scrape the remnants off the old tray.

I didn,t see a single wasp despite having a lovely honeyed cake around the poolside in the late afternoon. I suspect we have to believe the manager that the hotel don't keep them to drive way guests and that as in this country they are seasonal over which we have no control.

No one really enjoys walking up an incline in the heat but to be there you have knowingly booked a hotel on a cliffside in a hot counry. However there are steps there, which I found surprising as being on a cliff face I thought it would have been more practicable to roll down the slopes or jump from on high from one place to another. Unfortunately it would be hard to to roll or jump back up,. so I guess that steps, all of which I found to be in good order, were a practical alternative.

Quite simply on my experience anybody holidaying at this hotel can look forward to an enjoable experience of thier own.

For those with a little get up and go ( and trainers ) a lovely 25 minute walk is right on your doorstep. There is a little footpath /goat track to the left of the tunnel bar taking you up the cliff face. great views and photo opportunities. walk across to the village of PANTALI and enjoy local wine and prices at "ANGELA'S" warm welcome and fantastic view from roof terrace.

My only negative was the unused piano in the lounge. it wasn,t the fact it was unused but it was nothing more than an obstruction.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank GlamorganRubicon
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed at another Aquis hotel on the island last year - Pelekas, and that was something special. So I returned with my partner this year, but chose another site, the Aquis at Agious Gordious. We have just returned from our two week break, and what a relaxing break it was. As last year the standards were very good, service, food, room, etc. Nothing was too much for the team at this hotel. The manager was a very active person, always out and about, ensuring that all his guests were happy, and always stopped to talk to you, which I felt was a nice touch. The themed evenings in the main restaurant were always superbly laid out, and the food, service, and effort, that the team had put in each time was second to none. So as in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger - " I'll be back "

Reviewed 16 May 2010

After reading so many reviews on here before we went I thought I better add our experience! We've just got back from 1 week's stay at the Aquis, the weather was amazing. I would agree with most of the reviews on this site, the hotel itself is very clean and well laid out, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Being on the 'younger' side (both 26) we did find that the hotel primarily caters to older (post 40/50s) people and lots and lots of Germans! Which we didn't mind in itself, but we didn't really hit it off with anyone and the entertainment was perhaps not geared towards us. The food in the resturant we found to be lovely, the variety was enough for us and there was always something fresh cooked for you on the grill. The hotel obviously takes comments seriously, I had noticed someone on here had complained that breakfast finished at 10am, they've now extended this to 11am which I think meets everyone's needs. Food is available pretty much all day, never did we actually feel hungry when we went for a meal. The staff in the resturant and bars were very nice and all spoke English and we're very quick of the mark to get you drinks and clear your table.
We spent our days down on the beach as it seemed virtually impossible to get a sunbed around the pool. Despite signs asking not to reserve sunbeds it's clearly obvious that this is ignored. Unclaimed beds at 10am in the morning were non-existent, despite the fact that many of them were not actually 'in use'. This meant we did have to pay 7euros a day to have sunbeds on the beach - not a huge amount - but still more than we'd have to pay if we could sit round the pool. In the end we didn't mind as the beach turned out to suit us more as there was much more space, you didn't feel like you were sitting within inches of everyone! The steps down to the beach - I really can't understand why people have a problem with these (that might again be down to the age group of visitors) but they are sloped gradually, wide and have bright yellow markings on them. We found the exercise was good!!
We were a bit dissappointed with our room, we booked a deluxe sea view, but I think we were upgraded to a bungalow. It was a bigger room (separate lounge area) but meant we didn't get the sea view everyone raves about. Ours was that of three great big trees that blocked any view and any sunlight. We would have preferred the smaller room with the sea view, but never mind!
So to sum up - it's a wonderfully run hotel with excellent food and great staff. It just gets marked down slightly because for us it was just a bit too isolated - and the sun beds and room were a bit of an issue!
PS - Easyjet do not land in Corfu in the rain. We discovered this yesterday and spent 18 hours in the airport waiting for our flight to turn up! Just worth considering if you are thinking of booking with them!!

1  Thank nicolac34
Reviewed 13 May 2010

we have just returned from one of the most relaxing laid back holidays we have ever had. we arrived quite late at this hotel to be met by a warm smile and a sea of friendly staff. after a drink and something to eat we were taken to our room which had been upgraded to a beautiful suite free of charge. the service at this hotel right through to the cleaning of the rooms were of a very high standard. the food was lovely with a very large selection daily the only problem was trying to choose what to have. the view from the hotel is to die for and the sunsets are so beautiful. although we were only there for a week a great effort was made on several nights where staff decorated walls,tables and lights for different themes. there was a small village a short distance walk away( aprox 10-15 min walk away) but the only down side was not many shops were open at this time. if you want a nice chilled romantic holiday with good food then this comes at the top or my list.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Agios Gordios
26.2 km away
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
#1 of 4 in Lefkimi

Been to Mayor La Grotta Verde Grand Resort? Share your experiences!