Achaios(Kato Achaia)
US$34
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
Verde al Mare Hotel(Kato Achaia)
US$186
US$173
US$102
US$90
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$82
US$41
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2015

This is an example on how to run a hotel business in the "traditional" Greek way.

First of all, the bungalows are old and worn-out (clogged bath siphons and poor bath in general, old, bumpy mattresses giving you spine pains, old TV set, old towels, etc.) and generally leave you with the impression of very low-end hotel.
Had the owner decided to spend a little more money to renovate them, the picture would have been totally different.

Another very disappointing area is in regards to the breakfast and meals offered.
Breakfast has really nothing good to offer being very cheap and of bad quality; it is vastly disappointing that nowadays there are hotels offering this kind of juices (that were uysually offered in hotel patients back in the 80's).

The bungalows are really nearby the beach (which is good) but this also means that are nearby the beach-bar as well (which is bad given the poor, old sound proof of the bungalows).
The music played in the beach bar is also too loud!
Speaking of music, there is some music while taking your lunch. At the days I have been there, it was a real heavy "bouzoukia" music, naturally heard in a night club, with a lot of whiskey ad cigarettes!

The most disappointing item though was the behaviour of the personnel in the reception. They were insultive towards my wife due to a misunderstanding in regards to the overall price of our staying (biased towards their benefit of course).
Trully disappointed that we can still find such kind of behaviours during these crisis days!

Please avoid

Room Tip: Old, worn-out rooms, terrible breakfast / meals, bad behaving personnel in reception
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Antonis1972
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am here now and they will not even let us stay..we have booked 4 rooms (11 persons). They acted at first as if they didnt know and after awhile we descovered they have given the rooms to a biggest group of people.i dont know what to stay just pls dont come here everrr..a waste of money ,terrible service and people.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Jonida333
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed at Ionian Beach Hotel at Lakopetra Peloposene, with my wife and my two children for ten days last summer.
It is a fully clean and wonderful place, with a magnificent beach, lying just in front of the hotel complex. The pool was also fantastic. Another thing that should be mentioned was the great facilities for both adults and children. The dishes, most of which had to do with the unforgettable Greek cuisine, were one of the biggest assets. Finally I thank the staff who work there for their politeness and their service.
I definitely recommend the Ionian Beach Hotel at Lakopetra , Achaia.

vladimir

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank vladimir g
gpstamatopoulos, Owner at Ionian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Dear vladimir g,

We really thank you for your kind words about the hotel and the staff.
We are really happy and satisfied for what we do since we covered your needs and expectations while you were staying here with us during your summer vacations.
We hope to see you again since Greece is not only for one time...

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I think this was one resort I counted to days to leave. True it was built many years ago, but with a good refurbishment it could become fantastic. It stands on a perfect beach and far from any town, therefore very quiet. It is good for families because of its vast free spaces. But it has such a noisy beach bar, with bad music on top of it. Mind you, if you choose to pay extra for the front-row beach bungalows you have had it because that noisy bar is heard all over. And there is absolutely nothing offered for your free time; not even a proper satelitte TV in the reception area, since the ones in the rooms have but a few channels, and those with extremely poor reception. The bungalows are quite worn out and not maintained at all. We complained for a malfunctioning tap in our bathroom but nothing was done. As for the food it is of very-very-very low quality; cheap ingredients, poor variety of meals, bad cooking. A meager breakfast and oh, yes, for the whole week we only had watermelon for fruit. Their idea is probably that their clients are "not very clever" but I tell you, I have not stopped telling my friends, because I love them too much to leave them and their money unprotected .

Room Tip: The ones nearest to the reception are the quietest.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Eftychia T
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Where to start?

Positive first. Mrs. Sakka, the lady at bookings, was a pleasure to speak to and always polite and obliging. Also, the management allowed us to bring our little dog, something many hotels don't do, and for this we are thankful.

When we arrived, it was close to end of lunch service and we were sent to get our first impression of the restaurant (more later) before officially checking in. At check-in, we were sent to 2 different locations for our rooms (no one seemed to know where rooms 80A and B were located). We had just arrived and were hot and tired after a 3 1/2 hour trip by car and just wanted our rooms. Finally, a young man told us the villa was at the opposite end of the complex of where he'd first said, and at that point I just asked him to show us to the location as we were too tired and frustrated to attempt to do this on our own for a third time based on their misguided lack of information.

The view across the bay to Sterea Ellada is truly lovely, and if you look to the far right, you can see the bridge of Rio AntiRio in the distance.

The beach is OK, mostly pebble/small rock, but sandy once you get in the water. Lots of umbrellas and loungers, so finding a free one shouldn't be a problem, but there were not many people there when we went, so I can't say for peak season.

There were absolutely NO actitivies for my kids when we went close to the end of June. The two young people who are responsible for the youth activities seemed to be putting all their energies into preparing for July's influx. The only things available to my (slightly-older) children was ping pong (the hotel had NO ping pong balls!!! We had to buy our own at a mini-market in the village!!! The rackets, too, were in a terrible condition.), pool (1 euro a game) or air-hockey (50 cents a game). Amazingly, the pool bar nearly never had change to give the kids. Very bad planning as far as I'm concerned as this is money that immediately goes back to the hotel.

Our rooms were called a 'villa', but in no way can they be associated with the luxury that this word implies. In fact, the tiles in both bathrooms were cracked. Management called us on the second day to say they had just 'discovered' this fact and someone would be round to repair it in the morning, but no one ever came. Just as well, as the only way to repair the tiles would have been to re-tile during our stay. The rooms, however, were extremely large and we had no problem with space. Also, the cleaning ladies kept them very clean. No problem there. There was hardly any TV reception. Only 3 channels and those very badly-received. Good thing my husband had brought his laptop with a supply of films so we could watch those at night.

The pool is small but well-maintained. I can only imagine the chaos of full-season as it is really too small to accommodate a full house. The grounds are clean but need upgrading.

The restaurant. The worst ever. I can't even begin to say how terrible the food was. Starting with an unimaginative breakfast. EVERY day, you will have a choice of bacon, really bad cocktail sausages, disgusting scrambled eggs sitting in unspecified liquid (to stay moist?), mini-croissants that come out 15 at a time and are snapped up immediately, a machine that dispenses the worst coffee I've ever drunk in my life, another that dispenses 2 kinds of juice that is often out-of-order, a couple of kinds of cereal, biscuits, and cake. Oh and tinned fruit. TINNED fruit in Greece, in summer!!! The worse thing is that no one seems to be bothered to think how to improve this unimaginative start to the day. With very little effort and cost, it could be much better.

Lunch and dinner are even more disappointing than breakfast. Most offerings are in the vein of pastas and rice. Some greek dishes, badly-prepared and making use of the previous days leftovers ('papoutsakia' a Greek dish of stuffed eggplant had been stuffed with the previous day's leftover pasta!!!). Be careful of the salads that use all the leftovers. And the fruit salad. My son gave me the 'recipe' of how the kitchen had made it with the leftover tinned fruit, watermelon and juice. The only fruit on offer is watermelon which, amazingly, is lacking all the 'heart'. The slices all seem to come from off the rind. So what happens to the dark red interior section that is the sweetest part of the fruit? One can only guess that the staff eat much better than we do. Seriously, the food is BAD.

I really can not recommend this hotel. Save a little longer and spring on the Grecotel next door.

Room Tip: Our villa was spacious. The bungalows are much smaller from what I hear.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family