See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2015

It depends on what you are looking for.Its big drawback are the buildings that are relatively old but they are clean. Food is nice. It is most suitable for families cause they have teachers that play creatively with children. The sea is simply fantastic and very clean. We paid an all inclusive programm that i think it was good value for money.

Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank NTOROTEA
Reviewed 27 July 2015

This is an example on how to run a hotel business in the "traditional" Greek way.

First of all, the bungalows are old and worn-out (clogged bath siphons and poor bath in general, old, bumpy mattresses giving you spine pains, old TV set, old towels, etc.) and generally leave you with the impression of very low-end hotel.
Had the owner decided to spend a little more money to renovate them, the picture would have been totally different.

Another very disappointing area is in regards to the breakfast and meals offered.
Breakfast has really nothing good to offer being very cheap and of bad quality; it is vastly disappointing that nowadays there are hotels offering this kind of juices (that were uysually offered in hotel patients back in the 80's).

The bungalows are really nearby the beach (which is good) but this also means that are nearby the beach-bar as well (which is bad given the poor, old sound proof of the bungalows).
The music played in the beach bar is also too loud!
Speaking of music, there is some music while taking your lunch. At the days I have been there, it was a real heavy "bouzoukia" music, naturally heard in a night club, with a lot of whiskey ad cigarettes!

The most disappointing item though was the behaviour of the personnel in the reception. They were insultive towards my wife due to a misunderstanding in regards to the overall price of our staying (biased towards their benefit of course).
Trully disappointed that we can still find such kind of behaviours during these crisis days!

Please avoid

Room tip: Old, worn-out rooms, terrible breakfast / meals, bad behaving personnel in reception
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Antonis1972
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am here now and they will not even let us stay..we have booked 4 rooms (11 persons). They acted at first as if they didnt know and after awhile we descovered they have given the rooms to a biggest group of people.i dont know what to stay just pls dont come here everrr..a waste of money ,terrible service and people.

Date of stay: August 2014
6  Thank Jonida333
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed at Ionian Beach Hotel at Lakopetra Peloposene, with my wife and my two children for ten days last summer.
It is a fully clean and wonderful place, with a magnificent beach, lying just in front of the hotel complex. The pool was also fantastic. Another thing that should be mentioned was the great facilities for both adults and children. The dishes, most of which had to do with the unforgettable Greek cuisine, were one of the biggest assets. Finally I thank the staff who work there for their politeness and their service.
I definitely recommend the Ionian Beach Hotel at Lakopetra , Achaia.

vladimir

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank vladimir g
gpstamatopoulos, Owner at Ionian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Dear vladimir g,

We really thank you for your kind words about the hotel and the staff.
We are really happy and satisfied for what we do since we covered your needs and expectations while you were staying here with us during your summer vacations.
We hope to see you again since Greece is not only for one time...

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I think this was one resort I counted to days to leave. True it was built many years ago, but with a good refurbishment it could become fantastic. It stands on a perfect beach and far from any town, therefore very quiet. It is good for families because of its vast free spaces. But it has such a noisy beach bar, with bad music on top of it. Mind you, if you choose to pay extra for the front-row beach bungalows you have had it because that noisy bar is heard all over. And there is absolutely nothing offered for your free time; not even a proper satelitte TV in the reception area, since the ones in the rooms have but a few channels, and those with extremely poor reception. The bungalows are quite worn out and not maintained at all. We complained for a malfunctioning tap in our bathroom but nothing was done. As for the food it is of very-very-very low quality; cheap ingredients, poor variety of meals, bad cooking. A meager breakfast and oh, yes, for the whole week we only had watermelon for fruit. Their idea is probably that their clients are "not very clever" but I tell you, I have not stopped telling my friends, because I love them too much to leave them and their money unprotected .

Room tip: The ones nearest to the reception are the quietest.
Date of stay: August 2013