I had a beautiful experience. My room was opposite the beach. I walk down 10 steps and I reach the beach. The staff was very warm and welcoming! The property has a private beach on one side and a mountain the other side. The best part is they have 4 turtles and several cats. Food is good and if you love non-veg food you will love it. Although I eat only fish and eggs apart from vegetables but I loved it. If you book this property, book along with breakfast and dinner since there are no places nearby to eat and they serve delicious food.
A few suggestions for the hotel would be to replenish drinking water bottles everyday. They did it for the 1st day only, for the 2nd and 3rd day it was for a charge. Also would request then to replenish tea bags.
I was here for 4 days.
Day 1, I took rest after an international flight.
Day 2, I had been to 2 islands. It's mesmerizing and they cook some delicious lunch on barbecue. Hotel charged me 1550 S Rs.
Day 3, I had been to Praslin. I booked a self drive car and been through entire Praslin Island. I like to explore so I found it wonderful. You can book it yourself for around 40€ although I booked with the hotel for 60€.
Day 4, I had been to La Digue. It's again the 3rd biggest island and it's equally beautiful. You can hire a bicycle and see the whole island. It's a small island, cycling is not too tiring if like cycling and if you like to explore. Hotel charges me 450 S Rs. each.
I left the hotel on day 4 to Mahe Island and they let me check out at 6pm for free! They booked a car for 400 S Rs. but you can bargain one at the jetty for 250 S Rs.
I had booked this hotel via Agoda and booked a superior sea view room instead of a standard sea view room thinking superior meant a better sea view room. I shifted to standard on the day I visited but I am awaiting a refund for the difference from Agoda and I am hopeful they will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on its own private beach at Anse la Farine, the New Emerald Cove Hotel, provides the perfect gateway to one of the most distinctive islands in the world: Praslin.Anse La Farine is situated opposite the Baie Ste. Anne jetty and the Hotel is reached by short boat trip. With the sea being the only access route, the New Emerald Cove offers its lucky guests a unique experience: that of being on an island of one’s own.The HotelIdeally situated between a thickly wooded hill on one side, and the azure sea on the other, the New Emerald Cove offers comfortable and refined accommodation in an unforgettable tropical setting. As there is no road access tranquility and privacy are ensured.The reception, the impressive high-ceiling restaurant and the seven chalets - totaling 42 rooms - and are scattered in the lush gardens just beyond a white sandy beach. The swimming pool, cleverly located almost on the beach itself, offers beautiful views of La Digue and Round Island: a scenery that deserves to be admired. This, of course, provides the lucky guests with the added incentive for perfectly justifiable, guilt-free lazing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Emerald Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Emerald Cove Hotel Praslin Island
- New Emerald Cove Praslin Island