Villa Anse La Blague(Anse la Blague)
US$134
Elize's Villa(Anse la Blague)
US$70
US$200
US$166
  • Beachfront
Hotel Cote D'Or(Anse Volbert)
US$366
US$354
  • Breakfast included
Villas des Alizes(Grand Anse)
US$188
US$110
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

US$165
US$128
  • Beachfront
Le Duc de Praslin(Anse Volbert)
US$271
US$243
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$319/night.

Paradise Sun(Anse Volbert)
US$663
US$614
US$322
US$300
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewssea turtlesgiant tortoisesla diguerooms are cleansmall showersuperior roomwonderful daysdark woodrelaxing vacationbaie stthe ground floorthis lovely hotelmini fridgefruit batsgarden viewbreakfast and dinnerfish
Reviewed 27 October 2017

The hotel can be reached by boat from Baie St. Anne, which may be an inconvenient if you want to be in the middle of things and reach Praslin easily. However, it is such an intimate location, with its private beach and a really good vibe, very different from what we got when we were on Praslin or Mahe. If you are looking for something more quiet, this is a good place.

The rooms are clean, they change the sheets and towels daily. But not being very well isolated, the air in the rooms tends to be humid and you may get lizards and other stuff in your room. We eventually got used to the lizards, but not to the fruit bats making noises all night long. If possible, pick a room facing the ocean or on the sides and avoid the rooms with a back garden view. Those bats are very nasty at night and you won't get a good night sleep. Each room has a terrace.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, and they helped book all sorts of trips for us (on La Digue, Praslin, boat tours etc.). The food is varied and delicious and they also serve 5 o'clock tea as a courtesy. They also have some giant tortoises and some cats, and the garden looks amazing.

If you are looking for something more underground, that gives you the feeling of an island-resort but is not so far away, this is a good place.

Room Tip: Avoid back garden rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I had a beautiful experience. My room was opposite the beach. I walk down 10 steps and I reach the beach. The staff was very warm and welcoming! The property has a private beach on one side and a mountain the other side. The best part is they have 4 turtles and several cats. Food is good and if you love non-veg food you will love it. Although I eat only fish and eggs apart from vegetables but I loved it. If you book this property, book along with breakfast and dinner since there are no places nearby to eat and they serve delicious food.

A few suggestions for the hotel would be to replenish drinking water bottles everyday. They did it for the 1st day only, for the 2nd and 3rd day it was for a charge. Also would request then to replenish tea bags.

I was here for 4 days.
Day 1, I took rest after an international flight.
Day 2, I had been to 2 islands. It's mesmerizing and they cook some delicious lunch on barbecue. Hotel charged me 1550 S Rs.
Day 3, I had been to Praslin. I booked a self drive car and been through entire Praslin Island. I like to explore so I found it wonderful. You can book it yourself for around 40€ although I booked with the hotel for 60€.
Day 4, I had been to La Digue. It's again the 3rd biggest island and it's equally beautiful. You can hire a bicycle and see the whole island. It's a small island, cycling is not too tiring if like cycling and if you like to explore. Hotel charges me 450 S Rs. each.

I left the hotel on day 4 to Mahe Island and they let me check out at 6pm for free! They booked a car for 400 S Rs. but you can bargain one at the jetty for 250 S Rs.

I had booked this hotel via Agoda and booked a superior sea view room instead of a standard sea view room thinking superior meant a better sea view room. I shifted to standard on the day I visited but I am awaiting a refund for the difference from Agoda and I am hopeful they will.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Anyone wondering whether to opt for this hotel, and are put off by a couple of very negative comments, don't be! We have just spent 2 weeks at this lovely hotel complex and are sad to leave. Yes, the accommodation and common areas is somewhat tired and are shortly to be refurbished, but it is very clean and the staff here do an excellent job in making you feel welcome and comfortable. The beach is lovely and the pool large and set by the sea. The food, we thought , was excellent, different choices every evening, with always grilled fish and a meat option for a first course. We had a superior room which was huge compared to those rooms on the ground floor, and although I was at first disappointed not to have any outside space, I appreciated the spaciousness and powerful air conditioning. We enjoyed the trip to La Digue and snorkling off the beach at the resort. The shuttle boat service was efficient and we didn't experience any problems. The 4 giant tortoises and variety of birdlife were an added attraction. If you love a peaceful, no traffic noise setting, a very laid back relaxed atmosphere, this could be right for you.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank lesley2015986
Reviewed 4 August 2017

The welcome should have been nice but it was already pretty artificial. The room was small with no chair in it and the shower was just as tiny as on a sailing boat. The food was poor with no variety, we survived on fruits, rice and pasta. Additionally none of the excursions and activities we wanted to participate in took place, even though there should be a free guided snorkeling tour with a biologist every day and on their website they also advertise with multiple excursions. The price to hire snorkeling equippment is horrend and you pay per day. They write that they have 18 shuttle boats a day, but if you count one way and only the ones that dont need a reservation its seven per day, so you really have to time your plans. The beach was one of the poorest we saw in the Seychells, and in the months around July you have a lot of seagrass there because of the wind.
All in all the Seychelles are a nice place to stay, but definitely not in New Emerald Cove, especially not for this price!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Martina F
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

If one wants to experience piece, relaxation and some Robinson Crusoe's feelings, without being far from the town though, New Emerald Cove is the perfect choice.
To reach the resort one has to take a little boat which is complimentary from the resort itself. In less than 10 mins one can reach the resort. The architecture and the style of the bungalows are typical of the islands. We were assigned a cottage with ocean view. We left the shutters opened and could enjoy the powerful sound of the rough sea. It is such an amazing experience.
In line with the management's choice wifi is only available in the restaurant area. This is very relaxing. Once back in the accommodation one can enjoy the natural sounds of birds and the sea.
We enjoyed a trip organized by the resort itself and we went to Cousin Island, Curieuse and St Pierre. The trip was very well organized and it was absolutely amazing. They took care of us and were extremely kind.
The day after we went to La Digue by ferry from Praslin.
Our stay at Emerald Cove was wonderful. They arranged a cake for my husband's birthday. The staff is extremely careful and attentive. We could not ask for me.

Special thanks to Madame Catia who is the manager in charge. She is professional, attentive and very very kind.

Thanks