We stayed 4 days at this hotel in November 2017. At arrival we we're welcomed very friendly by Catia, who showed us arround. All looked very fine from the outside. Untill we entered our "superior" room. There are little houses on the premises, each house is separated into 5 (!) rooms, 2 taher smallish rooms with veranda on the ground floor, 2 superior rooms (which are a bit bigger) and some kind of small room all the way in the top, and they are very noisy. I don't think the rooms are updated since the eighties, brown wooden floors, white walls and orange curtains and bedspreads. The bathroom is very small and has mirrors on all walls, why? The shower is suitable for a sailing boat, so very small one can't even turn in it, let allone shave your leggs if you wanted to. The mattresses are very, very hard. A good thing is that the rooms are very clean. The restaurant is quite nice, the food is the same every day but okay. The pool has no clear water and has very warm water. You can only get to the hotel by boat, you can take the boat to go to the main jetty of Praslin to do things, but if you wanted to have dinner elsewhere you're bound by time and you would have to take a taxi to a restaurant (which would cost you around 20 euro one way...). The staff is very friendly. Upon leaving we were told that the hotel is shutting down end of the month and staff didn't know if it was for renovation or for forever... I wouldn't recommend this hotel, I'd rather stay at the Cote d'Or side of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on its own private beach at Anse la Farine, the New Emerald Cove Hotel, provides the perfect gateway to one of the most distinctive islands in the world: Praslin.Anse La Farine is situated opposite the Baie Ste. Anne jetty and the Hotel is reached by short boat trip. With the sea being the only access route, the New Emerald Cove offers its lucky guests a unique experience: that of being on an island of one’s own.The HotelIdeally situated between a thickly wooded hill on one side, and the azure sea on the other, the New Emerald Cove offers comfortable and refined accommodation in an unforgettable tropical setting. As there is no road access tranquility and privacy are ensured.The reception, the impressive high-ceiling restaurant and the seven chalets - totaling 42 rooms - and are scattered in the lush gardens just beyond a white sandy beach. The swimming pool, cleverly located almost on the beach itself, offers beautiful views of La Digue and Round Island: a scenery that deserves to be admired. This, of course, provides the lucky guests with the added incentive for perfectly justifiable, guilt-free lazing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Emerald Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Emerald Cove Hotel Praslin Island
- New Emerald Cove Praslin Island