“Amazing beach, check with the resort before going there!!”
Review of Petite Anse Kerlan

Petite Anse Kerlan
Reviewed 13 May 2018

The beach is amazing. In my oppinion this is the nicest beach on Praslin after anse Georgette. But to get there, there are two gards.The first one was on the gate of Constance Lemuria, where you have to be on a list to get in. Ok, we knew that, so we made it happen. To get to anse Georgette you use one road, and to get to Petit Anse Kerlan and the Lemuria resort you use another one. When we wanted to see Petite Anse Kerlan there was another guard who wouldnt let us in (and nobody warned us this could happen). He was mumling something about how we cannot go to the beach because we are not hotel guests and were not on the list to go down there (although he did not know my name, since he didn't ask for it, so, clearly there was no list and although "all the beaches in Seychelles are public", but he would just ignore me saying it) and we couldn't go to the bar (which by the way is amazing) because it was full (was almost empty once we got there, ofcourse) and he could get in trouble by letting us in. Luckily a guy came up who helped us, called the manager of the hotel, and settled to get us in, so if he ever reads this, we are extremely greatfull to him. Also, while all this was happening, parallel to the nice guy phoning the manager, the boss of the guard showed up, and told us he'd let us in (I guess not all turist are as stupidly persistant to see a beach) but we'd have to be dressed up (so no walking around in swimsuit and shorts, which I do not mind if thats their dress code) and we cannot use any of the resort facilities. He was also a little hostile and unfriendly :/ We just wanted to see the beach and maybe get a drink. I do not know why this beach is not private, if treated that way. Than we would not have tried to get there. So, anyhow, While I'm writing this I am really wondering why I wanted to go somewhere where I was clearly not wanted :// I know the guard was just doing what he was told, and I hope that the Seychelles wont be loosing its beaches whit time to expensive resorts "so their guest do not get disturbed" because it is really really sad and it would be a shame. but I guess that's just how the world works...

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"waves"
"boulders"

Reviewed 13 March 2018

But one of the few places where you see that global warming is also hitting the Seychelles paradise beaches. Huge problem with erosion. Big project by EU to protect the land.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Stunning views, great colors, exciting marine life, glorious sunsets, quite private and relaxing. Waves can be high

Reviewed 30 January 2018

This beach is in the 'Constance Lemuria' grounds. But it is a public beach, open to everyone (need to get by the hotel's security guard and high gates though.) So pretty with 'The Nest' restaurant at one end and gorgeous pink boulders at the other. Lovely wee beach bar right beside the sand 'Takamaka' which is a delight. Again white sands and blue,blue water.

1  Thank Janet M